Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else at uni find it liberating to no longer feel accountable to your parents? To be able to organise your own money, leave the washing up? I do love my parents, but I just didn't realise how overbearing they were!

I feel properly like my own person for the very first time. It's both wonderful and terrifying to be out there on your own, completely responsible for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Anyone else at uni find it liberating to no longer feel accountable to your parents? To be able to organise your own money, leave the washing up? I do love my parents, but I just didn't realise how overbearing they were!

I feel properly like my own person for the very first time. It's both wonderful and terrifying to be out there on your own, completely responsible for yourself.
    You seem like you're in a good mood blissy.

ReputationRep:

Yeah. When I first left to live on my own for the first time I was really nervous and paranoid about it. Now I wouldn't be able to cope living with my parents again. The only thing I miss is the nice food and the way my clothes would magically clean themselves if I left them long enough in my parents house.

Also if I were back home I would probably be forced to wrench myself off the internet from time to time. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it's just dawned on me that I'm a proper "grown-up" now, and I've overcome the I'm-never-going-to-cope phase. I'm sat here in the room I pay for, on the laptop I paid for, with the internet connection I pay for having just washed clothes I bought myself.

My parents no longer dictate my life. Heaven!

ReputationRep:
    6 months till i move out and I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it's just dawned on me that I'm a proper "grown-up" now, and I've overcome the I'm-never-going-to-cope phase. I'm sat here in the room I pay for, on the laptop I paid for, with the internet connection I pay for having just washed clothes I bought myself.

My parents no longer dictate my life. Heaven!
    But how tidy is your room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    6 months till i move out and I can't wait
    wow didnt know you were a boy! (just looked at the pic) very nice! i love the suit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    But how tidy is your room?
    I put this in the Oxbridge forum before to demonstrate a room, so it's not just for your delight! LOL

ReputationRep:
    I put this in the Oxbridge forum before to demonstrate a room, so it's not just for your delight! LOL
    looks like a dingy old basement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    lol, to me it looks like a palace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    lol, to me it looks like a palace.
    poor guy

ReputationRep:
    It far exceeds the quality of a lot of student accommodation. Even friends from other colleges say it's big. (btw the wardrobe, sink and stairs are behind me. the door is downstairs, that door leads to the veranda :P)

ReputationRep:
    Best uni accomodation I've ever seen in my life though. 3x the size of the average it seems :|

ReputationRep:
    poor guy
    lol. You don't know my pain

ReputationRep:
    It far exceeds the quality of a lot of student accommodation. Even friends from other colleges say it's big. (btw the wardrobe, sink and stairs are behind me. the door is downstairs, that door leads to the veranda :P)
    for cambridge though, it's pretty disappointing

ReputationRep:
    Well what else do you expect? A personal library?

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I don't suppose you've seen rooms at Cambridge then.... like I said in my last post, everyone I know from other colleges says our accommodation is extremely good. The stairwells in some of the colleges smell like wee.

COnsdering it's only £360 a term - it's pretty smashing!

ReputationRep:
    that residence looks sweet, when i saw my sisters a couple years back it was like a bomb had just gone off

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I don't suppose you've seen rooms at Cambridge then.... like I said in my last post, everyone I know from other colleges says our accommodation is extremely good. The stairwells in some of the colleges smell like wee.

COnsdering it's only £360 a term - it's pretty smashing!
    i guess you get what you pay for. it looks like churchill to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    My god. I pay 1200 a month down here
    £1200 a month? Bloody hell! I'd expect a personal butler for that! Wait... do you have a personal butler?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.