Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Lol. Blissy, do you know all the times you slated boarding schools? Well, this is one one of thre great things about them. You learn to be independant and fend for yourself.
    I don't think I've slated boaring schools. Private schools, perhaps. I've never experienced a boarding school, but I think you would still get a greater sense of freedom being totally away from all forms of dependency (boarding school, where I assume you eat in halls [?] and having to be dependent on your parents paying your fees) which you can only really experience after you leave home PROPERLY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boygenious)
    i guess you get what you pay for. it looks like churchill to me
    Well, I pay my fees, my rent and every other expense myself. I couldn't afford much more. I don't really think you can speak from much experience re:cambridge accommodation.

ANyway, this thread was about independence not accommodation. Where are you living at the moment Joey? Any progress on the Cam front?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    You seem like you're in a good mood blissy.
    not anymore.. LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Well, I pay my fees, my rent and every other expense myself. I couldn't afford much more. I don't really think you can speak from much experience re:cambridge accommodation.

ANyway, this thread was about independence not accommodation. Where are you living at the moment Joey? Any progress on the Cam front?
    oooh touchy. sorry for giving my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    No, its a rather small 2 bed apartment.
    Must be a lush area then. I pay £3000 for my accomadation for the entire year. That also includes meals. It's quite a nice area too actually, although my room is significantly smaller than blissy's.

ReputationRep:
    oooh touchy. sorry for giving my opinion.
    touchy? try cyclothymic.

ReputationRep:
    Lol practically every boarding school is private and even if it isnt you have to pay to board making it sort of private!

Yes, but the sense of not caring about where you are is very important. I was at boarding school when I was 3. I have no problems about going absolutley anywhere on my own, most boarding school people will tell you that. My sister has been to state school all her life, she is terrified about going to uni, the thought of it frightens her. You would also be surprised how much you have to organise yourself at boarding school especially time wise.
    BOARDING SCHOOL AT 3??!?!?!? did you parents not like you or something?

ReputationRep:
    I always though Southampton wasn't very nice.

edit: and defo not compared to devon or lancs.

ReputationRep:
    as a future doctor, i know that it's a psychiatric disorder involving mood swings. so there
    As a proficient google user, I also knew this. Within about 10 seconds of having read your post that is

ReputationRep:
    as a future doctor, i know that it's a psychiatric disorder involving mood swings. so there
    I wasn't expecting you to NOT KNOW (doctor or no, everyone can search google) but I was trying to explain.

I can't wait till you're a doctor and you start "so there"-ing patients. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, my dad was also shipped off at age 3.
    I never got the whole boarding school thing, here in north america almost everyone goes to public school, if i was shipped off i would kill my parents

ReputationRep:
    No offence but your family must be seriously wadded.

ReputationRep:
    Runs in the family

ReputationRep:

LOL. My mum stayed at home when I was at nursery,infant and primary school to teach and look after me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    whats wadded?

ReputationRep:
    I can almost guarantee you that no offence would be taken. LOL. Quite the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    whats wadded?
    Wadded = Loaded/rich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    whats wadded?
    lol, you must have picked up loads of English lingo from visiting these boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Same here, which explains our mutual brilliance I feel.
    Did you have the same mother?

ReputationRep:
    lol, you must have picked up loads of English lingo from visiting these boards.
    ya half the time I have no idea what the hell is going on and your pounds are like 2 dollars here so all the prices are distorted

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.