This discussion is closed.
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
My mums a teacher, she stayed off work until I was 3...and then she had my sister and decided just to get a nanny lol. She refused to send my sister to boarding school early, and my sister rebelled at age 8 when she should have gone, so she just ended up at the local grammar.
How come you got sent at 3 and your sister got to wait until 8?

(piggy - I agree. I love my mummy )
MuniE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When i picture joey johns i see some guy with his sweater tied around his shoulders and an arrogant laugh lol...... the kind of guys that hang around my country club and just talk instead of golf.....
blissy
Rep:
?
Did they have you playing rugby at 3 as well....?
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, I hate golf. Although I have played it in the past, it is possibly the most boring sport to watch on tv.
golf is the greatest game ever, im watching it on tv as we speak
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
When i picture joey johns i see some guy with his sweater tied around his shoulders and an arrogant laugh lol...... the kind of guys that hang around my country club and just talk instead of golf.....
lol

I've met loads of ridiculously rich people at uni. My mate almost got off with the daughter of the guy who actually OWNS vodafone a while back. They were pretty good friends at one point, but she did my head in and I couldn't stand her. One of the lads on my course has a swimming pool in one of his houses and his dad owns a ranch in Texas.

I grew up in a crappy little place called Ashton Under Lyne. It's where most of the scallies and townies are trained until they're released all over the country to fend for themselves.
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuniE)
golf is the greatest game ever, im watching it on tv as we speak
basketball's better. you're from toronto, you should be a raptors fan
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
basketball's better. you're from toronto, you should be a raptors fan
eww the raptors suck so much, they can't buy a win... the leafs are much better
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Rugby is the best sport:
Football all the way:
Attached files
blissy
Rep:
?
My girlfriends grandad owns a major company in Britain, you will all know and probably hate as it seems to cater mostly for townies now lol. Although not as big as Vodafone.

Durex?

Elizabeth Duke?

Reebok?
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
one day i want to be one of those ridiculously rich people
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol. Isnt he at Leeds now? Leeds are the best
I heard he was training with a school to keep fit or something??

As for the Scallie company.. I have no idea. I didn't realise capitalism had swooped that low.
MuniE
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
leafs?? vince carter doesn't suck.
toronto maple leafs, the best nhl team ever.... vince carter is an over paid suck.. " oh no my knee hurts I can't run and shoot a ball into a net, but still pay me 8 million"
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I put this in the Oxbridge forum before to demonstrate a room, so it's not just for your delight! LOL
Crikey Blissy, is that your room? Mine is nothing in comparison!

You're point is right though, I felt totally emancipated when my parents left after dropping me off. Its nice to go back and be completely waited on. My Mum wants to cook me something nice, my Dad wants to take me to our local for a couple of pints! Its great to be independent though, like you say about washing up - I do it when I need a plate, and not before! I buy what I like in sainsbury's too, and thats cool.
blissy
Rep:
?
Whereabouts are you?
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whereabouts are you?
Keele! I'm suspecting that you won't know where that is, so, its a 60's campus in Staffordshire between Birmingham and Manchester.
blissy
Rep:
?
(Original post by jammyd)
Keele! I'm suspecting that you won't know where that is, so, its a 60's campus in Staffordshire between Birmingham and Manchester.
Indeed, anywhere north of Bristol and I'm confused!

It that Asterix btw? I've been to Parc Asterix - it's SOOOO much fun.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Indeed, anywhere north of Bristol and I'm confused!

It that Asterix btw? I've been to Parc Asterix - it's SOOOO much fun.
I was a bit confused as to Keele's whereabouts, but my head of sixth form said it was the place to be, so here I am.

Yes it is Asterix, unfortunately the piccy is poor quality. I've been to Parc Asterix too, it is a lot of fun.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know where Keele is

And yes, a couple of my friends are there. They described the look as a comprehensive on speed
What? The architecture?
blissy
Rep:
?
I love it! First and only theme park I've ever been to - with genuine French people as well. It was greeeeat! Tonerre de Zeus - SCARY!
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol yeh. Doesnt beat Millfield though that is a comprehensive high on the highest gear you can get your hands on!
Well, most buildings are 60's, but English is taught in Keele Hall, a lovely stately home, which was also General (later President) Eisenhower's residence in WWII. i'm stuck in the rather dull 'chancellor's building' for arts and social sciences.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (168)
24.78%
Better than expected (141)
20.8%
Worse than expected (369)
54.42%

Watched Threads