Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I love it! First and only theme park I've ever been to - with genuine French people as well. It was greeeeat! Tonerre de Zeus - SCARY!
    I went a number of years ago - have you been recently? Yeah, those French love Asterix, apparently he's almost as popular as Charles De Gaulle, despite being entirely fictional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I went a number of years ago - have you been recently? Yeah, those French love Asterix, apparently he's almost as popular as Charles De Gaulle, despite being entirely fictional!
    It doesnt surprise me. The French through history always well...surender, no wonder they created a fictional character who didnt!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Never! The Romans never penetrated France (hehe) they always repelled them! I went in 1996, so I suppose a long tiem ago. I'm getting old now, things seem like yesterday! I love the big loopy one - my friend was screaming and I was just going round with my eyes wide open, completely amazed. I want to go again with my bf and stay in the tacky little hotel and go on all the rides. I suppose it won't be quite the same without a French family and an enormous picnic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Never! The Romans never penetrated France (hehe) they always repelled them! I went in 1996, so I suppose a long tiem ago. I'm getting old now, things seem like yesterday! I love the big loopy one - my friend was screaming and I was just going round with my eyes wide open, completely amazed. I want to go again with my bf and stay in the tacky little hotel and go on all the rides. I suppose it won't be quite the same without a French family and an enormous picnic
    Oh right, did you go when you were on exchange or something. I think I went in 1995, so almost 10 years ago, that means i'll be 20 next year. The world os going to end. I wasn't very well after the big loopy one

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, on my French Exchange in year 7 It was great. Wonderful family! It was my partner's birthday on the day before mine so we had a big joint birthday party and her uncles dressed up as a French boyband and they all sprayed us with champagne. It was heaven - in the countryside with corn fields and horses. Amazing.

<sighs wistfully>
    Those were the days.

ReputationRep:
    Those were the days indeed. I met up with two of my friends in Leicester last week and all we did was drink, eat pizza and talk about school, back in the day. I need to postpone getting a job for as long as possible!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.