Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    classic!!! lololol! being on the computer with a\ hangover makes your head swim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    i got katy to pour me 2 pints of grolsh(spelling?!)
    If a hug is your meaning of "2 pints of grolsch" I don't want to know how close you got to each other.

(Original post by 2776)
    If a hug is your meaning of "2 pints of grolsch" I don't want to know how close you got to each other.
    LOL you're hilarious :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    next time you're getting drunk ollie, i might get drunk too. i wouldnt mind seeing some really drunken conversations between 2 completely bladdered souls on here the day after...
    LOL i'd love to see that too! I'm going out next tues and weds so i'll make a concious effort to come on here tipsy instead of just sending random emails to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    LOL i'd love to see that too! I'm going out next tues and weds so i'll make a concious effort to come on here tipsy instead of just sending random emails to everyone!
    well youll all be pleased to here, im going out 2nite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    well youll all be pleased to here, im going out 2nite!
    ollie, just to let you know, your liver cant handle being drunk like you were more than two times a year!

why all the drinking anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    ollie, just to let you know, your liver cant handle being drunk like you were more than two times a year!

why all the drinking anyway?
    does the word "student" mean anything to americans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    does the word "student" mean anything to americans?
    Probably not, since more american students aren't legally allowed to drink :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, since more american students aren't legally allowed to drink :rolleyes:
    thats the most stupid rule ever!

a) you can't stop them
    b) its very sociable
    c) 18yr olds know whats good for them and what isnt
    d) its really good fun.

you see in the uk, we rock!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

a) you can't stop them
    b) its very sociable
    d) its really good fun.

you in the uk, we rock!
    Couldn't agree more!

You can do what you want at uni and come in as drunk as you like without having to try and be quiet to avoid waking up parents! Uni would be extremely boring if we coudln't drink!

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of frat parties?

There was much debate at my Uni about where to study abroad, some people were put off the USA because of drinking laws. I asked one bloke if he was applying to America, and he said that if he wanted to get pissed on tuesday, he wouldn't be able to - so that ruled him out of the USA. There's a couple of people going to the University of Utah, so that should be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Ever heard of frat parties?

There was much debate at my Uni about where to study abroad, some people were put off the USA because of drinking laws. I asked one bloke if he was applying to America, and he said that if he wanted to get pissed on tuesday, he wouldn't be able to - so that ruled him out of the USA. There's a couple of people going to the University of Utah, so that should be fun
    yeah but frat parties aren't the same as just going to the bar for a drink and a chat with a group of friends. Plus when I do my year abroad i'm going to Canada where its 18/19 (depending on the state) so i'll be happy there!

ReputationRep:
    yeah but frat parties aren't the same as just going to the bar for a drink and a chat with a group of friends. Plus when I do my year abroad i'm going to Canada where its 18/19 (depending on the state) so i'll be happy there!
    I'm off to Sweden next year and am a little confused as to laws - but i'll make sure i'm clued up before I go

I was reading about Canadian students in some study abroad stuff I had and it said that one drink meant one drink, whereas here it very often means a bender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I'm off to Sweden next year and am a little confused as to laws - but i'll make sure i'm clued up before I go

I was reading about Canadian students in some study abroad stuff I had and it said that one drink meant one drink, whereas here it very often means a bender.
    yeah its not quite the same over there but at least its not illegal to be drinking! I'm sure i'll cope...my liver will probably thank me for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

a) you can't stop them
    b) its very sociable
    d) its really good fun.

you see in the uk, we rock!
    E) theres nothing else to do in Exeter.

are you going to arena on monday?? or is 3 days in a row too much for you lightweight jiffs?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    E) theres nothing else to do in Exeter.

are you going to arena on monday?? or is 3 days in a row too much for you lightweight jiffs?

love Katy ***
    no, hall social on thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    no, hall social on thursday.

i know that...lucy organises it....whats that got to do with monday...it's st Davids day.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    i know that...lucy organises it....whats that got to do with monday...it's st Davids day.

love Katy ***
    excuse my ignoreance but, whos that?

someone welsh?

ReputationRep:
    its ok...as long as you bring up most of the alcohol back up, your liver doesnt have to proces it.

love Katy ***
    Ergh some random person was sick in our kitchen the other night, then fell off his chair and smacked his head on the concrete floor...not nice. So he got wheeled off to hospital and we were left to clean up the mess at 5 in the morning (i only went down to see what the noise was, i was in bed, and soo should have stayed there). So moral of the story....please be sick in the toilet, a bag or somewhere else that doesn't involve other people having to clean up after you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    excuse my ignoreance but, whos that?

someone welsh?
    no someone who does maths whos on your hall committee.

So moral of the story....please be sick in the toilet, a bag or somewhere else that doesn't involve other people having to clean up after you!
    im very good at that...practice makes perfect...

love Katy ***

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.