Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Guuh, there's a point. Two votes from six each and the winners go head to head, or just have posts as votes?
    hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    hmm
    That's what I'll do, two different votes of six (each set of six is chosen by random selection) and the winners (or top four) slug it out...

ReputationRep:
    Best try again lass

Just over half an hour to go people, looks like Ollie it is...
    do i have to make a speach

i guess it should be highly political, with some sort of mention of my mother and my fans. Shall i fall over- beer in hand just to give the papers something to talk about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

i guess it should be highly political, with some sort of mention of my mother and my fans. Shall i fall over- beer in hand just to give the papers something to talk about?
    that reminds me - oscars are on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

Ollie, the platform is yours, do what you wish

ReputationRep:
    Juwel, out of curiosity, why did you reject your Imperial offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    that reminds me - oscars are on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Juwel, out of curiosity, why did you reject your Imperial offer?
    huh? :confused: really?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for Manchester.

I was surprised - I thought he would choose Imperial over Manchester for Mathematics any day of the week...

Imperial has a fab reputation for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Elpaw, did you read my message and check your cp?
    yes i did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes, for Manchester.

I was surprised - I thought he would choose Imperial over Manchester for Mathematics any day of the week...

Imperial has a fab reputation for Maths.
    agreed - imperial would have been my choice - maybe he wants to break with the routine of London + i've heard Mancunian birds are easier so even Juwel will get some - one day!

ReputationRep:
    ok, ill make a speech when the voting is over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yes i did
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    ok, ill make a speech when the voting is over
    how are you feeling after yesterday - or should i say this morning's antics?

ReputationRep:
    agreed - imperial would have been my choice - maybe he wants to break with the routine of London + i've heard Mancunian birds are easier so even Juwel will get some - one day!
    Yes, but it wasn't even 2nd choice, he chose Kings as his backup.

This is very suprising, Imperial definitely has the best rep out of those for Maths, infact top 3 in the UK, definitely.

Tis v.strange indeed, unbelievable infact.

ReputationRep:
    Sure did Kurdt. Let me narrate.

I only had three universities in mind: Cambridge, Manchester and Queen Mary, in that order. I also put Imperial and KCL (two top London universities), and Warwick (supposeply excellent maths department), as worst case fallbacks. Warwick gave me an offer without interview, I attended five interviews and got four offers having smacked them all. The one offer that didn't come was Cambridge. The rejection came on New Years' Day which was sweet because I had an amazing time that day.
    Anyway, Manchester became my first choice. It's away from home and appears to be a fun city so I can have myself a fun new life and distance from the folks. ICL appealed to me but the location didn't, neither did the gender ratio. So I accpeted Manchester's AA offer. Then I chose KCL as an insurance (ABC/AAD), it's a better uni than QM and they made me a lower offer than my firm. Makes no sense picking IC or Warwick for insurance as their offers were higher than Manchester's.
    So there it is.

ReputationRep:

I only had three universities in mind: Cambridge, Manchester and Queen Mary, in that order. I also put Imperial and KCL (two top London universities), and Warwick (supposeply excellent maths department), as worst case fallbacks. Warwick gave me an offer without interview, I attended five interviews and got four offers having smacked them all. The one offer that didn't come was Cambridge. The rejection came on New Years' Day which was sweet because I had an amazing time that day.
    Anyway, Manchester became my first choice. It's away from home and appears to be a fun city so I can have myself a fun new life and distance from the folks. ICL appealed to me but the location didn't, neither did the gender ratio. So I accpeted Manchester's AA offer. Then I chose KCL as an insurance (ABC/AAD), it's a better uni than QM and they made me a lower offer than my firm. Makes no sense picking IC or Warwick for insurance as their offers were higher than Manchester's.
    So there it is.
    u r a sensible man Juwel - u have gone up in my estimations - no sense wasting a year out by picking two unis of the same offer and then missing out and having to repeat the application process all over again ...

ReputationRep:

So there it is.
    hey lets not divert from the real topic of conversation - me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    hey lets not divert from the real topic of conversation - me!
    aren't you supposed to be out getting drunk?

ReputationRep:
    Why I oughta

Well I wasn't worried about the quality of degree I could expect; a maths degree is a maths degree and an amazing asset wherever it's from. It was the quality of life I could expect that made my decision. I expect a better life in Manchester than in IC or London for that matter. Plus London prices are intimidating for a would-be student! And I fully expect to make my Manchester offer so KCL may not figure.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.