The Student Room Group

HELP: Penis foreskin is red,swollen,irritated, itchy?

I already had this issue earlier this year and did all tests twice at a GUM clinic and they were all negative.

I was then given creams with clotrimazole or canestan but it didn't help. It even made my foreskin tighter and each time I want to retract it, the skin cracks and bleed.

And this issue went on & on & the doctor at the GUM clinic was useless.

After 2 months of pain and bleeding, I went to see my GP and he told me it was probably a skin infection and not a sexual disease. He gave me antibiotics which solved the redness and irritations.
The skin recovered slowly but the foreskin was still thinner than before this all happened. The marks of cuts were still visible.

Anyway, the issue came back 2 days ago, the rash/irritations are unbearable and I lost confidence to go see the nhs due to their lack of competence.

Did anyone have a similar issue? thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I already had this issue earlier this year and did all tests twice at a GUM clinic and they were all negative.

I was then given creams with clotrimazole or canestan but it didn't help. It even made my foreskin tighter and each time I want to retract it, the skin cracks and bleed.

And this issue went on & on & the doctor at the GUM clinic was useless.

After 2 months of pain and bleeding, I went to see my GP and he told me it was probably a skin infection and not a sexual disease. He gave me antibiotics which solved the redness and irritations.
The skin recovered slowly but the foreskin was still thinner than before this all happened. The marks of cuts were still visible.

Anyway, the issue came back 2 days ago, the rash/irritations are unbearable and I lost confidence to go see the nhs due to their lack of competence.

Did anyone have a similar issue? thanks

I know that it can be frustrating when you seek medical help and things don't improve as much as you would like (though it seems like the antibiotics that the GP gave you helped to an extent). However no one on here is realistically going to be able to diagnose you, even if they have had a similar problem in terms of symptoms it doesn't mean that they actually had the same thing. To be safe you sould probably go back to your GP and see if they have any other suggestions.
Reply 2
Original post by randdom
I know that it can be frustrating when you seek medical help and things don't improve as much as you would like (though it seems like the antibiotics that the GP gave you helped to an extent). However no one on here is realistically going to be able to diagnose you, even if they have had a similar problem in terms of symptoms it doesn't mean that they actually had the same thing. To be safe you sould probably go back to your GP and see if they have any other suggestions.

I know that and I will go but I want to make sure that this time I get the right treatment from the first time.

So was looking to see if anyone had similar experience so I can discuss better with the GP.

Anw thanks for the input :smile:
Reply 3
bump
Sounds like it could be jock itch (i.e. athlete's foot fungus in the groin area).

I had this for a while, if you've got the same thing then you need to use an anti-fungal spray / cream which you can get in any chemist. It's good to use some kind of anti-septic too to stop additional infection due to the cracked skin. Making sure you always use clean, dry towels & clothes is also important.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds like it could be jock itch (i.e. athlete's foot fungus in the groin area).

I had this for a while, if you've got the same thing then you need to use an anti-fungal spray / cream which you can get in any chemist. It's good to use some kind of anti-septic too to stop additional infection due to the cracked skin. Making sure you always use clean, dry towels & clothes is also important.

I use clotrimazole cream and a moisturizing cream as well but it's not helping
Personally i've had more success with the spray rather than the cream. But then again, if it is something other than a fungal infection, that won't help. Does sound like one though.

Quick Reply

Latest