Turn on thread page Beta

Homosexuals? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dislike homosexuals. I understand that this is not a politically correct thing to say in the current social climate (hopefully a political party will come along to change that, finally I hope). But I am entitled to my right of freedomn of speech and I dislike homosexuals, I think they are disgusting. I would rather that they were not part of the species, if they can be called that. I am being honest and I think everyone should use their right to freedom of speech, I believe there are many more that agree with not liking homosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    You're right in saying that's not exactly a... welcoming nor accepting thing to say about homosexuals. Indeed, you are entitled to your opinion, but you haven't really given a good reason for disliking them.

Now, as for the obvious sexual preferece, I doubt it is harming you, is it? Fair enough, if seven homosexuals are flirting with you a day, I woudn't be too happy either, but I highly doubt this is the case.

Whether you wish to accept it or not, homosexuals are people. You can't call them another species or imply that they shouldn't be a part of this one, because they are. The only thing radically different about these /people/ is that they happen to like members of their own sex. I don't find this an amazing thing to get all protective about...

Okay, let's imagine for a second, you're in a bar. You start talking to this great guy or girl, whatever, and he or she is really into something you like. Same tastes and so what. But the twist is, that this person is a homosexual. Are you going to immediately stop talking to them because of this? Because I'd find that a tad unfair. If the majority of the world was homosexual (hell has frozen over, too...), then try and place yourself in their shoes.

You might argue that it's natural to like those of the opposite gender, and fair enough, perhaps it is. But how can it be any less natural to be attracted to the same sex? I find this rather odd - different people have different tastes, and why can't this be another thing that people agree to disagree on? Please, give me more information on how you dislike them so.

Oh, and I am a hetrosexual, incidently.

ReputationRep:
    have fun with george bush. he needs someone to kiss his arse when tony blair is no longer able to be there for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by American Psycho)
    I dislike homosexuals. I understand that this is not a politically correct thing to say in the current social climate (hopefully a political party will come along to change that, finally I hope). But I am entitled to my right of freedomn of speech and I dislike homosexuals, I think they are disgusting. I would rather that they were not part of the species, if they can be called that. I am being honest and I think everyone should use their right to freedom of speech, I believe there are many more that agree with not liking homosexuals.
    Seeing as you've provided absolutely no justification for why you generically dislike one whole section of society simply due to an aspect of their character which doesn't even affect you, I must conclude that you are either a class one idiot or a troll. Good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Seeing as you've provided absolutely no justification for why you generically dislike one whole section of society simply due to an aspect of their character which doesn't even affect you, I must conclude that you are either a class one idiot or a troll. Good night.
    lol, agreed.

you might as well corden off everyone welsh (sameish numbers)

if you can give a valid reason as to your dislike of homosexuals, then your argument falls through and ultimatly becomes void!

ReputationRep:
    I saying on this topic that I like goes as follows:

I'm not homophobic, aslong as I am not near gay people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    I must conclude that you are either a class one idiot or a troll. Good night.

Perfectly said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    aslong as I am not near gay people.
    what, do they give off some form of radiation, or do they infect you with their presence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I saying on this topic that I like goes as follows:

I'm not homophobic, aslong as I am not near gay people.
    How do you know that there aren't gay people around you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what, do they give off some form of radiation, or do they infect you with their presence?
    lol no im joking, one of my friends yelled that out on the subway and whenever people call someone homophobic i remember that

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to explain myself here.

I dislike homosexuals.

And I think if most people freely spoke, they would say the same thing.

Sue me, but fight it out with the magna carta first.

I dislike homosexuals

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to explain myself here.
    Well go away then.

This is a discussion forum. If you can't / won't (the former in this case it seems) justify your opinions then there really isn't much point in you being here.

ReputationRep:
    Ok you can have your freedom of speech but you can get beaten up for saying things such as 'i would rather that they were not part of the species'. And in your profile 'I like to dissect girls.'...

ReputationRep:
    Closed as OP was obviously a troll.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.