The Student Room Group

British asian girls, would you date a ...

Asian girls, if you were single, would you date(and more I.e marry later down the track) a handsome, romantic, good personality, sense of humour, likes to cook ur fav foods and makes time for you, is caring ,lovely,dresses well, intelligent and educated guy with a good job who liked you and you liked him back, you have things in common and both of you understand each other... if..

He was introduced to you by parents in an arranged marriage set up that neither you and the boy were aware of. And he's kind of fresh in that he came here at an older age but is going to be a citizen soon.

I'm kind of in the same situation .. not that I'm tooting my own horn but the girl I like has said this about me. She said that she really likes me and she can see us in a long term relationship/married but she didn't expect to like an Asian guy like me. Lots of her male and female friends date out. she has always been a rebel and her friends and people would see her weirdly if she dated me ( because I'm freshy sounding) and if she met someone through an arranged marriage.

We get along so well and we've met a number of times, had dinner out and I've
cooked her fav asian dishes for her which she's loved. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. Any advice?

I really love her and I'm crazy about her, so how do I win her over.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no advice? or input into my situation?
im sure someone has been on either side of a similar situation
Reply 2
No, I would not date a freshy. All the personality attributes sound perfect, but I want to be with a British man. I say that because I want to be with a man who's had a similar lifestyle and upbringing to mine, and lived in the same culture; that's much more likely to happen with a guy who's been born and raised in Britain than in India. Plus, can't stand the freshy accent.
Haha...bump.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by RolyBholi
No, I would not date a freshy. All the personality attributes sound perfect, but I want to be with a British man. I say that because I want to be with a man who's had a similar lifestyle and upbringing to mine, and lived in the same culture; that's much more likely to happen with a guy who's been born and raised in Britain than in India. Plus, can't stand the freshy accent.

Hahahaha cracked me up!

Why did you have to pwn him so hard?

The funniest thing about freshies is when they try to use bollywood romantic behaviour to impress British females while the British asian females expect RnB style romance.

Freshy inbred + British bred = WTf00000k!
(edited 11 years ago)

This is why I don't date Asian women.
Original post by noteraz
Hahahaha cracked me up!

The funniest thing about freshies is when they try to use bollywood romantic behaviour to impress British females while the British asian females expect RnB style romance.

HAHAHA.... I chocked reading this. Totally agree with it though. Reminds me of this Indian dude at uni.

Original post by ShredMaster
This is why I don't date Asian women.

dude correction..don't date british asian women but other asians are fine.
but seriously why are these asians so prejudiced, have they never faced racism in their life?
Original post by Golden_Boy786
HAHAHA.... I chocked reading this. Totally agree with it though. Reminds me of this Indian dude at uni.

I was laughing at the arrogant attitude that some brit asian women display. Like many british asian girls would refuse the advances of some "freshy" like Hrithik Roshan or Shahid Kapur or John Abraham. I doubt quality asians would date the likes of you or the female poster above.
lol at you shallow people assuming he has a freshy accent or is like the stereotypical indian guy. A lot of british asians like Upen Patel are trying for bollywood but not all make it.
British asians who are racist should not complain when they get racism from white people. It's karma in action. Yay :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
dude correction..don't date british asian women but other asians are fine.
but seriously why are these asians so prejudiced, have they never faced racism in their life?

Nothing to do with 'prejudice', the compatibility is the major problem.

The 2nd/3rd generation have seen what freshies behave like for example their own parents, uncles, aunts, new arrivals and they don't want to see those embarassing attitudes in their future relationships.

Don't mind me making a joke out of it but that's the reality my freind. Though the option is still there if you're smart enough to adapt the British social aspects and language. But it's very rare to find such hybrids who can understand and live both cultures.

If you want to succeed with the British asian gials, you really gota start hiding your freshiness.
Original post by noteraz
Hahahaha cracked me up!

Lol at you and roli making fun of freshies. At least have a non freshy username if you're going to do that.
You do know many freshie actually are really successful and do well like Mittal. He's a freshy cos he was born in india and grew up there like the op. Not sure if many british asians have done better than that wealth-wise. I'm sure he would have no problem pulling any girl..but yeh like an actual decent indian guy he's loyal to his wife.
Actually, quite a few brit asian girls like the bollywood romantic behaviour so that's why they flock to the SRK bollywood concerts. Of course the white washed ones or the ones who hate their background probably don't. Like many british asian girls could pull the likes of john abraham, hrithik roshan etc. SO best to stick to mediocrity if that's all you can achieve.

The guy said he's lived in the Uk for a couple of yrs so im sure he would have adjusted.
I feel sorry for freshies who go to the UK and face hate. They should go to the US becaue Indian Americans are way less racist. No wonder right wing groups are starting to do well in the UK. Maybe asians are provoking them.

Cultured and confident Indian mix of east and west + whitewashed self hater BBCD= SHIIIIIIIIIIITTE combination.

racist british asians annoy me.
Original post by noteraz
Nothing to do with 'prejudice', the compatibility is the major problem.

The 2nd/3rd generation have seen what freshies behave like for example their own parents, uncles, aunts, new arrivals and they don't want to see those embarassing attitudes in their future relationships.

Don't mind me making a joke out of it but that's the reality my freind. Though the option is still there if you're smart enough to adapt the British social aspects and language. But it's very rare to find such hybrids who can understand and live both cultures.

If you want to succeed with the British asian gials, you really gota start hiding your freshiness.

LOok i understand compatibility. I'm not even a so called "freshy." I'm an asian from Aus and i get plenty of attention from Brit asians and the usual Brits. The entitlement and stereotyping by british asians is really off putting though. I've found it's worse with Indians and at least with Pakistanis they are proud of their background and they don't put down freshies as much. They are also more open minded. The British Indians on tsr make me feel ashamed to be Indian.

You're just assuming OP is a typical freshy and roli poly assumed that as well. He could be well adjusted and understanding of both cultures. How do you know it's rare? How many have you met? Even if it's rare its not impossible. Maybe you only see the struggling freshies not the high class, well off ones who are really westernised. I'm sure bollywood stars like john abraham, or shahid kapur or hrithik roshan would not have problems navigating both cultures. Some Indians travel and go to International schools and understand more than their own culture.

The fact you and roli assumed all this about OP just because he mentioned freshy is sad. How would you like it if people made racist assumptions about you cos you're asian?

I've met quite a few freshies who are not like that at all. They're parents are multimillionaires but their kids want to study outside of India. They're like typical western guys and they have american or english accents. Not so hard to pick up especially if they've had work experience in a call centre. One of my friends, a freshy from Mumbai, is dating a good looking white girl and some indian girls are jealous of it.
Reply 12
I was laughing at the arrogant attitude that some brit asian women display. Like many british asian girls would refuse the advances of some "freshy" like Hrithik Roshan or Shahid Kapur or John Abraham. I doubt quality asians would date the likes of you or the female poster above.
lol at you shallow people assuming he has a freshy accent or is like the stereotypical indian guy. A lot of british asians like Upen Patel are trying for bollywood but not all make it.
British asians who are racist should not complain when they get racism from white people. It's karma in action. Yay :smile:

This is exactly where your problem lies, BOLLYWOOD!!!

Trust me bro, quit your bollywood flex otherwise you will not get anywhere.

No one gives a crap about freshy Hrithik Roshan, it's all about Mario singing ''YOU SHOULD LET ME LOVE YOUUUUUU______Let ME BE the one to give you EVERYTHING you want and need..............''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARjr3fMMvY
(edited 11 years ago)

British guy as in white British or British asian? Obviously you should date who you prefer and who you're attracted to but i hope you do realise the racist and stereotypical assumptions you made here. I'm not a freshy but even i can pick up on your stereotyping. The guy mentioned freshy in the fact that he came here at an older age. He could have come here at 15, 16 or at 11. He might have been educated in westernised circles, might have gone to an international school and he might even understand british culture better than many brit asians who don't integrate and live like they're in the 1960s. Yet you assumed he was your typical freshy accented guy who is clueless of british culture.

Instead of giving some useful advice you decided to make fun of the fact that he decided to ask advice here. Like no british asian girl would date him.

I know it's slightly subtle thinking but maybe you can be a bit more broad minded next time.
Original post by noteraz
This is exactly where your problem lies, BOLLYWOOD!!!

Trust me bro, quit your bollywood flex otherwise you will not get anywhere.

No one gives a crap about freshy Hrithik Roshan, it's all about Mario singing ''YOU SHOULD LET ME LOVE YOUUUUUU______Let ME BE the one to give you EVERYTHING you want and need..............''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARjr3fMMvY

dw about me bro i get plenty of attention from asian and white girls. You do realise i am not OP and OP did not even mention Bollywood. I was just mentioning some british asians are into bollywood. If they weren't the concerts wouldn't get sold out in the UK and bollywood movies wouldn't do well in the UK.

I know who Mario is and im sure many non-british asians do too. You do know many Indians don't watch Bollywood. So open your mind a bit more.
I've heard quite a few Brit Asians haven't fully integrated into british society. Maybe they should try harder.
Reply 15
dw about me bro i get plenty of attention from asian and white girls. You do realise i am not OP and OP did not even mention Bollywood. I was just mentioning some british asians are into bollywood. If they weren't the concerts wouldn't get sold out in the UK and bollywood movies wouldn't do well in the UK.

I know who Mario is and im sure many non-british asians do too. You do know many Indians don't watch Bollywood. So open your mind a bit more.
I've heard quite a few Brit Asians haven't fully integrated into british society. Maybe they should try harder.

If you're so proud of your identity than why are you and OP hiding behind your ANON posters? Scared of being looked down as a freshy?

The indians have lost the plot anyway both back home and here. They just want to be slave of the white man. Look at how muslims have held onto their idenity in the West, LOndon sometimes feels like Middle East.

Instead of worrying about why British indian gials don't date indian freshies, maybe you should realize the big flaw in your 'slave to the white' man culture itself and you will find your answer there.

I find this quite shallow to be honest with you. Someone who has been born and bred in India will be more likely to be aware of your culture and mother tongue and unlike some boys who are born here. Also, I don't see why you should not give someone a chance because of something as stupid as you 'can't stand the freshy accent'- ridicilous. You really cannot reject someone because you don't like their exterior...maybe trying to understand their personality would be nice!
Many people who come from developing countries i.e India are genrally more hardworking because they've seen the harships and they know how to work hard; whereas here in Briatin we get lazy ******** who just sponge off the government by depending on benefits.
I'm really not against Brtish Asian men because some are really nice and hardworking ones but I just find your arguement really immature and insulting, especially- "Plus, can't stand the freshy accent" :mad:
Asian girls, if you were single, would you date(and more I.e marry later down the track) a handsome, romantic, good personality, sense of humour, likes to cook ur fav foods and makes time for you, is caring ,lovely,dresses well, intelligent and educated guy with a good job who liked you and you liked him back, you have things in common and both of you understand each other... if..

He was introduced to you by parents in an arranged marriage set up that neither you and the boy were aware of. And he's kind of fresh in that he came here at an older age but is going to be a citizen soon.

I'm kind of in the same situation .. not that I'm tooting my own horn but the girl I like has said this about me. She said that she really likes me and she can see us in a long term relationship/married but she didn't expect to like an Asian guy like me. Lots of her male and female friends date out. she has always been a rebel and her friends and people would see her weirdly if she dated me ( because I'm freshy sounding) and if she met someone through an arranged marriage.

We get along so well and we've met a number of times, had dinner out and I've
cooked her fav asian dishes for her which she's loved. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. Any advice?

I really love her and I'm crazy about her, so how do I win her over.

Well to start off with it would be nice if some people actually answered your question instead of going on a rant about Bollywood.

I personally would date a "freshy" ( I detest this phrase- so insulting) because if he is nice then why not? You actually sound like a really genuine guy and if that girl lets you down it's her loss. I think that you should go and talk to her and ask her what she really wants. Does she want to be with you or is she just messing you about? It's better to know the truth rather that leave you hanging in the middle.

Most indian guys from indian that I have come across seem pretty nice- they open the door for you! Except some who just stare. Depending which of the two kinds he is I would most likely date a indian guy.

"I'm willing to wait as long as it takes"- Not sure about this, she might just take the p**s and this will definately hurt you more. So hence just go and ask her.

"I'm freshy sounding"- Don't worry about this because here we have so many people with different accents- Irish, Polish, Russian, French, German....and so on. Your accent is a part of you and if she does not like it she does not truly like the 'real' you, because if she truly liked you, she would like your all your traits- incuding your accent.

I think that this is the longest response I've ever done! But finally don't change yourself for anyone because a person that asks you to change yourself does not like the 'real' you. And the golden advice ASK HER what she wants!! :smile:
Original post by noteraz
If you're so proud of your identity than why are you and OP hiding behind your ANON posters? Scared of being looked down as a freshy?

The indians have lost the plot anyway both back home and here. They just want to be slave of the white man. Look at how muslims have held onto their idenity in the West, LOndon sometimes feels like Middle East.

Instead of worrying about why British indian gials don't date indian freshies, maybe you should realize the big flaw in your 'slave to the white' man culture itself and you will find your answer there.

Are you trying to get me to reveal myself so you can PM me or write on my wall. I've identified myself quite a bit. It should be enough to identify who i am. i can't be bothered changing the anon thing and i don't really think i need to reveal who i am. from my posts on tsr it's pretty clear im proud of my background.

You're coming across as confused. First, you're like don't be into bollywood like western music then you're encouraging me to not be a "slave to the white man." I don't need to do that. There are parts of Indian culture I admire and there are parts of Western culture i admire. Many parts of Indian culture were appropriated by the West i.e. many words of English are from Sanskrit, the oldest language in the world. Things like yoga, meditation and the kama sutra are now common knowledge.

White girls that i meet are fascinated by my knowledge of those topics and they ask me questions. SO i don't need to act "white" in order to get a shallow british asian girl when i can be myself to get any nice girl.
I don't think you should be talking about being a slave to white culture. You're pretty white-washed yourself. It's a free world Indians are free to be who they want just don't racially discriminate. It's not right. I'm a liberal guy and i don't pre-judge people but the stereotypes here were grating on me.

I don't need to justify it to you but I'm not actually a freshy. I don't mind if i was though because i at least have an identity and i don't pretend to be gangster to fit into the black culture or hate who i am to fit white culture.

Indians have lost the plot way more in the UK then back home. Back home they are adjusting to Western culture and adapting to it..here they are hating on their own. It's a good thing if London seems like the middle east :smile: and that Muslims at least are being themselves and not molding themselves to suit others. Unlike British Indians who are a disgrace to their background and to themselves. I admire British Muslims and not ashamed to admit that. They have real values.
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
I find this quite shallow to be honest with you. Someone who has been born and bred in India will be more likely to be aware of your culture and mother tongue and unlike some boys who are born here. Also, I don't see why you should not give someone a chance because of something as stupid as you 'can't stand the freshy accent'- ridicilous. You really cannot reject someone because you don't like their exterior...maybe trying to understand their personality would be nice!
Many people who come from developing countries i.e India are genrally more hardworking because they've seen the harships and they know how to work hard; whereas here in Briatin we get lazy ******** who just sponge off the government by depending on benefits.
I'm really not against Brtish Asian men because some are really nice and hardworking ones but I just find your arguement really immature and insulting, especially- "Plus, can't stand the freshy accent" :mad:

Thanks for your refreshing comment. After reading the above I did not expect to read any positive comments. I felt like the people above were ganging up on the OP and being bullies. It gives me some faith in British asian (or Indian?) girls. Are you a British Indian? Born in the UK or were you born overseas and grew up here? The truth is i have met a lot of really lovely Pakistani girls who do not judge the "freshies" of their background but the Indian girls here are less forgiving. It made me feel disheartened. Like it's some unforgiveable sin to have been born and brought up in a culture different to where you live.

I understand that some stereotypes might be true regarding clothing and staring etc by indian boys but everyone should not be generalised into that category. In fact the guys who do that may even be guilty of doing that back home. Maybe they are of the hooligan variety. But as you mentioned there are many more decent ones. If some random guys say that no one will take notice but if British bred people like yourself and just females say that people will realise not all students from india are the same. Once a stereotype starts and gets perpetuated by a number of people it starts getting accepted as fact when it might not be.

Thanks for your nice words and even if they are the only positive comments on this thread I am sure OP will appreciate it. I appreciate you standinig up for what's fair and being open minded enough not to judge a person and a relationship on exterior. True love that lasts a lifetime needs to be based more than on the physical anyway.

out of curiosity, what other languages do you speak at home?

Latest

Trending

Trending