The Student Room Group

Wedding in Wiltshire stopped by religious fanatics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's because they are scum.
Religion mainly, but it may have had something to do with his ethnicity.
Reply 3
Multicultural Britain, at its finest.
"A caterer who had prepared food was told to go or face being killed. The militants then ate the wedding breakfast"

Just sounds like a rouse for a bunch of lads to get a free breakfast

OP have you seen this story from the your same linked site -

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/06/multicultural-college-sacked-principal-for-being-a-white-christian

An Islamic college taken to tribunal for sacking the Principal for being white christian
I would've marched marched in holding out a load of halal and kosher meat to scare them off.

Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
OP have you seen this story from the your same linked site -

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/06/multicultural-college-sacked-principal-for-being-a-white-christian

An Islamic college taken to tribunal for sacking the Principal for being white christian

Oh bloody hell, I've been past there when I've been up to Arbroath. Now this nonsense has reached the four corners of the country.
"But the bride's family say couples from different religions have married before at the gurdwara without incident."

Yes, the issue was mainly racial, religion had something to do with this, but race played a major factor.
I wouldn't really describe them as 'militants'. More like bumbling idiots.

This article feels like it was written by some weird negative imprint of the Daily Mail. Just as badly written and awful in its command of language, but with a opposite ideology.

Any how, yes yes, we're all in agreement. These people shouldn't have done what they did and they're all fools.
Reply 9
And yet we are tought to believe (indoctrinated) white middle class Christians are the most racist people on earth ....
(edited 11 years ago)
Neither.
They are extremists and extremists think irrationally

Why would anyone want to create a divide in society?
"The militants then ate the wedding breakfast." Hardly political or dynamic.

What horrible creatures they are.
Original post by Algorithm69
So racism is rational?

I love how everything ever posted on here get's twisted...
Did i say that?
I said they are irrational thinkers. There is no set explanation behind what they did or were trying to achieve.

I don't think you can just say they did it either because of his race OR his religion.
Original post by Algorithm69
So racism is rational?

Lol how the hell did you come to that conclusion? :lolwut:
Reply 14
Original post by tufc
Multicultural Britain, at its finest.

"You're just a bigot"
Religion obviously played its part, but this definitely had something to do with his race. If other multi-faith weddings had happened without this, race most likely had to have played a part.

likely both. I doubt they'd be so pissed if he were white.
Reply 17
I bet most people who clicked assumed there was a white person involved.
Reply 18
Imagine it has more to do with his race than religion.

Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
"A caterer who had prepared food was told to go or face being killed. The militants then ate the wedding breakfast"

Just sounds like a rouse for a bunch of lads to get a free breakfast

Sounds like a good reason to arrest them and ensure they don't see the light of day for the next 10 years. This isn't India, this behavior is unacceptable.

Maybe they should remember that they are guests and are living in England at our grace.
Reply 19
Disgusting.

Though it seems more racially motivated than religiously, any such sectarian divides are not acceptable in modern Britain. I really hope this is an isolated incident in the Sikh community and we're not going to see such things popping up again and again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending