Turn on thread page Beta

ucas replying deadline watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    now that have received my six replies from universitites i have to choose my firm and insurance choices by 28th april. even though i've made up my mind, at first i was going to leave replying until the last week of april-but then i thought if i reply quicker i might get my accommodation forms from the universities i have chosen earlier then other, so i would be able to send off the forms early and have a better chance of getting my first choice of accommodation. am i right-will they send me accommodation forms as soon as i reply or am i wrong and will they send them only after the final deadline for everyone to reply?

by the way my firm is royal holloway and my insurance is queen mary so if anyone who went through this in the past could let me know when they got their accommodation forms from the two universitites that would be great! thanx!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    now that have received my six replies from universitites i have to choose my firm and insurance choices by 28th april. even though i've made up my mind, at first i was going to leave replying until the last week of april-but then i thought if i reply quicker i might get my accommodation forms from the universities i have chosen earlier then other, so i would be able to send off the forms early and have a better chance of getting my first choice of accommodation. am i right-will they send me accommodation forms as soon as i reply or am i wrong and will they send them only after the final deadline for everyone to reply?

by the way my firm is royal holloway and my insurance is queen mary so if anyone who went through this in the past could let me know when they got their accommodation forms from the two universitites that would be great! thanx!
    I know that for Nottingham at least, you can apply online from April 1st, so long as you've accepted them as your firm choice, so I'm going to make sure I send my replies in before then.

I had a look on the RH website, and it said

If you accept a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at Royal Holloway you will receive an accommodation application form in June.
    http://www.rhul.ac.uk/For-Students/accommodation.html

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    thanx that does (the bit abou RH) does anyone know when queen mary send out accommodation forms? for kings i've already got them, they come with the offer letter

ReputationRep:
    QM probably will not process your accomodation til after they've done all the firm acceptances first (not insurances) and then they'll get round to you. So shouldn't worry about that, and seeing as RH wont send forms out til june it sounds as though you'd be alright to leave it until the last week to reply. However, if you've made your mind up Iguess it wouldnt hurt to do it now!

What are your offers from both of these??

ReputationRep:
    that great thanx for the info. rhul gave me a condition of BBB and QMUL gave me BCC my friend applied to do eng lit like u and she's accepting her kings as firm choice and qmul as insurance-just like u!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.