magicmike
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, just wondering what next pay a 19 yr old working in the stockroom to make sure im not underpaid.

Thanks
adh5643
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by magicmike)
Hi, just wondering what next pay a 19 yr old working in the stockroom to make sure im not underpaid.

Thanks
£6.08 per hour
magicmike
Rep:
?
(Original post by adh5643)
£6.08 per hour
Thanks well im underpaid then. how sure are you and how do you know its 6.08 cause if I dont want to get fired.
adh5643
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks well im underpaid then. how sure are you and how do you know its 6.08 cause if I dont want to get fired.
how much do you get? they pay 6.08 for over 18s..
magicmike
Rep:
?
how much do you get? they pay 6.08 for over 18s..
I get 4.98. how do you know its 6.08 for over 18
adh5643
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get 4.98. how do you know its 6.08 for over 18
that is definately wrong, thats the pay rate for under 18s.. check the minimum wage on the directgov website, and speak to your manager
magicmike
Rep:
?
that is definately wrong, thats the pay rate for under 18s.. check the minimum wage on the directgov website, and speak to your manager

I did check once i'd realised but i am within MW. Its just i've been told anybody over 18 NEXT pay 6.08 and i'm not so i just wanted to query it before speaking to my manager cause i dont want fired when i just got hired
adh5643
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did check once i'd realised but i am within MW. Its just i've been told anybody over 18 NEXT pay 6.08 and i'm not so i just wanted to query it before speaking to my manager cause i dont want fired when i just got hired
didnt you say in your first post, that you're 19? :confused:
Groat
Badges: 13
Report 8 years ago

Thanks
When I used to work at Next, they were a pain with pay-rates. Although they advertised that over 18s would get £6.00+, they would keep them on the under 18s rate for as long as possible as it wouldn't be violating the NMW legislation.

Just make a fuss and write to your manager.
magicmike
Rep:
?
didnt you say in your first post, that you're 19? :confused:
yeah i am 19. i said over 18s should get 6.08, is that not right?
magicmike
Rep:
?
(Original post by Groat)
When I used to work at Next, they were a pain with pay-rates. Although they advertised that over 18s would get £6.00+, they would keep them on the under 18s rate for as long as possible as it wouldn't be violating the NMW legislation.

Just make a fuss and write to your manager.

How long ago did you work at next and did you make a fuss. My manager is really nice so i dont want to make it awkward and piss her off
Whitechapel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How long ago did you work at next and did you make a fuss. My manager is really nice so i dont want to make it awkward and piss her off
Don't be pushed over if you're not getting paid what you're entitled to. Tell her and get the pay you should be getting!
adh5643
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah i am 19. i said over 18s should get 6.08, is that not right?
oops sorry i misread that

just to speak to a manager, ask what the pay rates are, they won't get mad over something so simple
SeanWilliams92
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When I worked at Next, in November, the hourly rate was £6.08. Which really isn't bad, bar and even kitchen work can be lower. Just ask your manager if you're unsure
SarahScreenager
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey sorry to bring this up again a couple of months later but im a little confused :confused: everything says over 18 or under 18. So what should i be paid if i am 18 :P ? the poster on the wall in work specifies that "junior" pay is U18 ( if i remember correctly) which suggests to me i should be on 6.08 an hour but i'm actually on 5.25 an hour :erm: any help would be appreciated
Vonnie68
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi.

The hourly rate for over 18's is £6.33 at the minute.
Talk to your manager he or she will explain everything too you. You will not be fired for making sure your rate is the right one. I've been with next for 1yr and 6 months. And there's no such thing as a stupid question. The more you ask the more we know your learning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.43%
I'm not sure (32)
4.34%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.21%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.31%
I'm not a current university student (359)
48.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed