The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

They turned me down haha. Gutted.
Reply 61
i work at meadowhall primark!!! i thought my interview went terrible, but i got a call a week and a half later saying i had the job- so i think they just interview you as it is the procedure.
Boreism
And did she get the job this year, or was this years ago...? :confused:

Last month :wink:
emmalev
i work at meadowhall primark!!! i thought my interview went terrible, but i got a call a week and a half later saying i had the job- so i think they just interview you as it is the procedure.

What is your name, I might see you on Thursday morning :biggrin:. When do you guys open because my appointment with Kat is at 9:30am, but the actual shopping centre itself is open at 10am? :confused:

Oh and do you just employ straight away after the interview, is Kat interviewing more people instead of just me?
Reply 64
Boreism
What is your name, I might see you on Thursday morning, when do you guys open because my appointment with Kat is at 9:30am, but the actual shopping centre itself is open at 10am?

Oh and do you just employ straight away after the interview, is Kat interviewing more people instead of just me?

oooo you might do! im only contracted weekends, but im working overtime 7-11am on department 7 (shoes) this thursday. my name is emma, and i wear glasses :smile: And yes, medhall opens at 10am, but i think primark may be open for "viewing only" at 9:30 (i know they do that on sundays)

They didnt employ me straight away, i got a call about 10 days later about it, and i would expect that she will be interviewing some more people than you because there has been a list of a few availiable positions on the locker room doors, plus, primark tend to employ more than one person at a time, (so they can train everyone at once i assume)
emmalev
oooo you might do! im only contracted weekends, but im working overtime 7-11am on department 7 (shoes) this thursday. my name is emma, and i wear glasses :smile: And yes, medhall opens at 10am, but i think primark may be open for "viewing only" at 9:30 (i know they do that on sundays)

They didnt employ me straight away, i got a call about 10 days later about it, and i would expect that she will be interviewing some more people than you because there has been a list of a few availiable positions on the locker room doors, plus, primark tend to employ more than one person at a time, (so they can train everyone at once i assume)

Thanks for advice (by the way I'm a Chinese girl), how many positions are there?
My first job was at Primark. They aren't very fussy about who they employ.

My advice if you get the job would be this: be lazy. If you actually work hard, they will latch onto this fact and you will be expected to pick up the slack that other less hard working colleagues have left. Best find a job somewhere else if it's at all possible.
Reply 67
Boreism
Thanks for advice (by the way I'm a Chinese girl), how many positions are there?

about 6 or seven i think (all weekend positions i believe) but i wouldnt be surprised if there are more.

As far as different ethnic groups are concerned, ive noticed alot of indian/pakistani people work at this particular primark (probably a higher ratio than other shops in medhall) but i reckon this is probably because primark are notorious for giving dodgy hours, like 4 hours over sat/sun rather than just 8 hours in one day, and the asian employees seem more hard working and happy to work the funny hours if they have to.

ive seen a couple of oriental employees (dont know if they are chinese) so you might be on your own haha. This primark employs literally hundreds of people anyways, and all the staff are really nice, (on the first floor anyway, not too sure about the ground floor as never worked on it.)

i have to say i really love it at primark because the people i work with are a great bunch. It can get really stressful sometimes with the volume of coustomers all the time and the amount of mess that is made - i think if my workmates weren't so great i wouldn't had survived the first few months there! but im used to it all now :smile: Ill be sad to leave in september! i am going to uni in another city! :'(

by the way, the rate of pay for over 18s is £5.83 if you didn't know. x

ooo and good luck with your interview!:woo:
Reply 68
unknownpleasures
My first job was at Primark. They aren't very fussy about who they employ.

My advice if you get the job would be this: be lazy. If you actually work hard, they will latch onto this fact and you will be expected to pick up the slack that other less hard working colleagues have left. Best find a job somewhere else if it's at all possible.

i sadly do agree with this. this isnt really the case on shoes, (at the weekend anyway) but whenever ive done overtime on another department they made me do like 1000000x more work than the guy next to me! i cant bring myself to pourposley slack because i dont think its fair on primark- if im been payed to do a job then i should do it! its just the way ive been brought up.
Reply 69
Primaaaaaaaark, I can't believe people are saying they hire anyone. I handed my cv in, when I hear there are jobs going on at Primark in Manchester, I applied by handing in my cv, and even posting it every time I hear a vacancy, I get no reply.
4G_dollars
Primaaaaaaaark, I can't believe people are saying they hire anyone. I handed my cv in, when I hear there are jobs going on at Primark in Manchester, I applied by handing in my cv, and even posting it every time I hear a vacancy, I get no reply.

I think it takes a long time for them to get back to you, I handed my CV in a month ago, but they got back to me now...so just "hang fire" as they will say. But be aware they will have to rummage through everyone's CV and application forms and so forth, so be patient.
menaa-x
I don't work there but I was handing my CV in at another shop and the lady said 'Try at primark they hire everyone, they'll give you a ring' :ninja:

When was this, sorry if I'm asking but I really need the job...!
Reply 72
Boreism
I think it takes a long time for them to get back to you, I handed my CV in a month ago, but they got back to me now...so just "hang fire" as they will say. But be aware they will have to rummage through everyone's CV and application forms and so forth, so be patient.

I gave my CV quite a lot of times the last year and this year. I go Primark every week to get some shirts and jeans etc..lol one item from Primark a week lol And it gets busy quite often, you do think they do need extra staff...I got no reply...
emmalev

Hello again, may you tell me when this was (when they employed you) and what questions would I be asked?
Reply 74
Boreism
Hello again, may you tell me when this was (when they employed you) and what questions would I be asked?

i had my interview at the beggining of october last year and was working from around the 20th or somthing, so 10 months ago. :smile:

the only hard question i can remember them asking me was somthing along the lines of "name a time you helped someone" and i started babbling about a time when i was in year 12 and i heared a lower school girl crying in the toilets and got her a buiscuit and persuaded her to talk to a teacher about it. :smile: (thats where i thought i messed up!) besides that, it was mainly the usual stuff such as when can you start, do you have any holidays booked in the near future ect ect, do you have any prior experience in retail, (which i did, i worked in a clothes shop for my work experience.) They also asked why i applied, so i said because i need a bit of extra income, and i know primark is a very popular shop with lots of coustomers so i would be kept busy. (the shop i was in for my work experience hardly ever had any coustomers and i got bored very easily) they must have liked that, scince i got the job! Hope this is helpful to you!x
emmalev
i had my interview at the beggining of october last year and was working from around the 20th or somthing, so 10 months ago. :smile:

the only hard question i can remember them asking me was somthing along the lines of "name a time you helped someone" and i started babbling about a time when i was in year 12 and i heared a lower school girl crying in the toilets and got her a buiscuit and persuaded her to talk to a teacher about it. :smile: (thats where i thought i messed up!) besides that, it was mainly the usual stuff such as when can you start, do you have any holidays booked in the near future ect ect, do you have any prior experience in retail, (which i did, i worked in a clothes shop for my work experience.) They also asked why i applied, so i said because i need a bit of extra income, and i know primark is a very popular shop with lots of coustomers so i would be kept busy. (the shop i was in for my work experience hardly ever had any coustomers and i got bored very easily) they must have liked that, scince i got the job! Hope this is helpful to you!x

Wow thanks I'll go for your advice oh and I forgot to ask, is Kat really nice, I'm quite scared and a bit worried that she won't offer me the job, my dream job is to get one in fashion retail! :frown: :yes:
:O ! How is someone on nearly £7ph there! In the one I work in we're paid £3.80ph (I'm 16)
cheekynimnim
:O ! How is someone on nearly £7ph there! In the one I work in we're paid £3.80ph (I'm 16)

Because we're 18?
Boreism
Because we're 18?

At the one I work at the 18 year olds get paid £5.07 not £7 and it's in a City.
cheekynimnim
At the one I work at the 18 year olds get paid £5.07 not £7 and it's in a City.

Not sure then, ask your employer about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending