The Student Room Group

Primark thread

Scroll to see replies

Rainbow-Dream
I've heard it's about £4.07 if you're 16-17 and £5.75 (mimimum wage) if you're 18+. Not bad if you just want a bit of money for the summer though :smile:

Also - you know when they ask 'why do you want to work in this store?' what are you supposed to say? I'm looking to work at a store too hopefully

Primark pay £5.46 an hr for 18 yrs olds, minimum wage is £4.77 for 18-21s, min wage for over 21s is 5.73.

When I was 16 they offered me a job but somewhere else offered me a job with more hours and higher pay so I took that instead. When I handed my CV in this Summer they didn't even contact me.
You need to be an ethnic minority ....so it may be a bit of a problem if you're a honky/white
emmalev
i had my interview at the beggining of october last year and was working from around the 20th or somthing, so 10 months ago. :smile:

the only hard question i can remember them asking me was somthing along the lines of "name a time you helped someone" and i started babbling about a time when i was in year 12 and i heared a lower school girl crying in the toilets and got her a buiscuit and persuaded her to talk to a teacher about it. :smile: (thats where i thought i messed up!) besides that, it was mainly the usual stuff such as when can you start, do you have any holidays booked in the near future ect ect, do you have any prior experience in retail, (which i did, i worked in a clothes shop for my work experience.) They also asked why i applied, so i said because i need a bit of extra income, and i know primark is a very popular shop with lots of coustomers so i would be kept busy. (the shop i was in for my work experience hardly ever had any coustomers and i got bored very easily) they must have liked that, scince i got the job! Hope this is helpful to you!x

Oh and can you help me on the directions: I am going to Meadowhall by tram and when I get to the interchange, how long is it to get to the actual shopping centre to the store?
Reply 83
Boreism
Oh and can you help me on the directions: I am going to Meadowhall by tram and when I get to the interchange, how long is it to get to the actual shopping centre to the store?

well primark is at the other end of meadowhall from the interchange so i would say... give it 10 mins walking time? i would try to get there at least 10 mins early anyway to make a good impression, so try and get to meadowhall at least 20 mins before your interview :smile:
emmalev
well primark is at the other end of meadowhall from the interchange so i would say... give it 10 mins walking time? i would try to get there at least 10 mins early anyway to make a good impression, so try and get to meadowhall at least 20 mins before your interview :smile:

Thank you, you are very supportive here! :u: :excited: :yep:

See you on Thursday (might because I will be at reception) lol.

:woo:
Reply 85
Boreism
Wow thanks I'll go for your advice oh and I forgot to ask, is Kat really nice, I'm quite scared and a bit worried that she won't offer me the job, my dream job is to get one in fashion retail! :frown: :yes:

to be honest, im not sure who kat is? she might only work weekdays. definatley tell her that your dream job is to get into fashion and retail though, i bet she will like that. tell her you want to eventually be a fashion buyer for primark or somthing :smile:
emmalev
to be honest, im not sure who kat is? she might only work weekdays. definatley tell her that your dream job is to get into fashion and retail though, i bet she will like that. tell her you want to eventually be a fashion buyer for primark or somthing :smile:

Thats what I was thinking, especially the fashion buyer thing, but I would like to be a trainee manager :yep:

This will show her that I'm keen! :yep:
Reply 87
Boreism
Thats what I was thinking, especially the fashion buyer thing, but I would like to be a trainee manager :yep:

This will show her that I'm keen! :yep:

thats a very good idea- it is also very easy to work your way up in primark if you are hard working and want to take up some extra hours - i know supervisors who are younger than me!
good luck on thursday! x
emmalev

And am I expected to fill out an application form at the interview, because I haven't when I applied...?

:confused:
Reply 89
Boreism
And am I expected to fill out an application form at the interview, because I haven't when I applied...?

i didn't. apparently there used to be an application form to fill out instead of handing in a cv, but i think medhall primark scrapped that a while ago.
Why would you work for so little money though? I'm sure shining shoes is less degrading than that wage.
emmalev
i didn't. apparently there used to be an application form to fill out instead of handing in a cv, but i think medhall primark scrapped that a while ago.

Hi, I just had an interview with them (staff: Sue Prescott - I think, a supervisor), in my opinion, it went terrible! When she asked me questions I was like eek3: and I started to mutter a few words.

Despite this, they liked the fact that I arrived very early (8:45am) (I hope this showed I'm keen) and also smartly dressed (with a decent fashionable blouse cardigan and black trousers and of course black shoes), and I hope they thought I was taking the job very seriously :smile:; although now I have to wait for the overall review of my interview (if I had got the job). :s-smilie:

So fingers crossed for me !
I'm worrying that I will not be able to get the job since I started minor slurs and mutters (as in speaking and talking).

Apart from that everything went well I arrived nearly an hour early (my interview was supposed to be at 9:30am but I arrived there at 8:35am because I thought the traffic would be horrendous at that time).

Anyway, could people who are workers for Primark (or used to be) please tell me what I should worry about?
Hi :smile:

How did you think the actual interview went? I don't know the format of a Primark interview, but how were you on answering any questions?

As long as you were confident, and gave it your best - then I guess it's out of your hands.

Have you looked in this (rather long) Primark thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=967916 ?

Good Luck! :yay:
I know it's easy for me to say, but try not to panic. Everyone thinks they do badly in interviews, you probably did better than you think.
~ Mandy
I know it's easy for me to say, but try not to panic. Everyone thinks they do badly in interviews, you probably did better than you think.

Thanks for the reassurance!

:smile:
Well I think its gonna be another waste to attend, i bet u that next week they will send the regret letter ha??
Reply 97
Boreism
Hi, I just had an interview with them (staff: Sue Prescott - I think, a supervisor), in my opinion, it went terrible! When she asked me questions I was like eek3: and I started to mutter a few words.

Despite this, they liked the fact that I arrived very early (8:45am) (I hope this showed I'm keen) and also smartly dressed (with a decent fashionable blouse cardigan and black trousers and of course black shoes), and I hope they thought I was taking the job very seriously :smile:; although now I have to wait for the overall review of my interview (if I had got the job). :s-smilie:

So fingers crossed for me !

great!! i think i know who sue is, (short blonde hair?)

good luck, i hope you get the job! xx
emmalev

Yes thats her...
emmalev

Oh and I forgot, she was talking very fast about the next stage of the interview (so I thought it would look bad if I asked her to repeat them)
so could you tell me would I would get a reply is it 10 days if I could remember?

Secondly, uniform, would I need my own uniform like black blouse, black trousers and shoes or do they provide me them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending