The Student Room Group

A-levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Occams Chainsaw
Chemistry, maths, further maths and physics here. The next 2 years should be fun!

Good luck! Hahahahahah i'd never choose subjects as hard as that! They would be my WORSE NIGHTMARE!
Reply 21
same but i myself am a bit worried that the work in sixth form will be too much :eek:

My options are
French
Psychology
Philosophy
English lang/lit
Reply 22
Original post by journeyofeducation
Good luck! Hahahahahah i'd never choose subjects as hard as that! They would be my WORSE NIGHTMARE!

Well I'm hoping to do the natural science tripos as Cambridge, but most probably at Durham or Bath and so I need those subjects really! And to add salt to the wound I also have to get A*AA :rolleyes:

What do you want to do with your chosen subjects?
Reply 23
I would loved to have done A level French well to AS Level anyway. I have a B in GCSE French. I am 22 in November and am considering a night class in something so many options that I would like to pursue. I read that 'A grade A in the language is preferrable for potential success at Advanced Level' on the college I have chosen website. I got a B at GCSE Home Economics and got A at AS and then an A at A2 but I know languages are a totally different game. I work so hard and believe I would pull off a C/B at least in French. Any thoughts?
Well I'm hoping to do the natural science tripos as Cambridge, but most probably at Durham or Bath and so I need those subjects really! And to add salt to the wound I also have to get A*AA :rolleyes:

What do you want to do with your chosen subjects?

Oh wow! Good luck! Hopefully you'll achieve those grades.
Well tbh I'm not sure! I've always been really undecided about what I want to do, so I've tried to keep my A-Levels open, doing subjects I enjoy so hopefully I will find a career out of one of them! It worries me not knowing what I want to do with my subjects! :s
Reply 25
Original post by journeyofeducation
Oh wow! Good luck! Hopefully you'll achieve those grades.
Well tbh I'm not sure! I've always been really undecided about what I want to do, so I've tried to keep my A-Levels open, doing subjects I enjoy so hopefully I will find a career out of one of them! It worries me not knowing what I want to do with my subjects! :s

That sounds like a sensible plan; according to what I have been told, the best way to keep doors open is to do a science, maths and something essay-based.
e.g. chemistry, maths, history
But that's only from what I've been told; of course it doesn't apply to me since I know where I want to go so I may not have listened properly and may be giving false advice!
That sounds like a sensible plan; according to what I have been told, the best way to keep doors open is to do a science, maths and something essay-based.
e.g. chemistry, maths, history
But that's only from what I've been told; of course it doesn't apply to me since I know where I want to go so I may not have listened properly and may be giving false advice!

Well I've been think about maybe changing one to Biology because I really like Geography and lots of universities that do geography ask for biology as well :smile: I know what I will do will be something to do with my A levels I'm taking but I'm just not sure which ones yet!

Quick Reply

Latest