Watch
This discussion is closed.
user977153
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey Guys,

So I started my Herbalife diet today and I'll be updating this blog with everything I eat and all my exercises and keep you up to date with how much weight I'm losing!

I had my body analysis yesterday and here are the results:

Biological age: 33 (18 actual)

Body fat: 35.4%

Ideal body fat: <18%

Weight: 115kg

Desired weight: 90kg

BMI currently: 34.7

BMI 'ideal average weight': 82kg
user977153
Rep:
?
So this is my basic fixed timetable for every day.

I should be aiming for a protein intake of 150g and water intake of 3 litres each day.

NB: All products in my timetable (except dinner) is supplied by Herbalife.

Timetable:

Wake-up:

Drink 600ml water
Drink F1 Shake
1 MV tablet
2 F&H tablets
Herbal Tea optional

2 hours after:

Bar/Soup

2 hours after:

Drink F1 Shake

2 hours after:

Bar/Soup
1 MV tablet
2 F&H tablets

2 hours after:

Drink F1 Shake

2 hours after:

Dinner:

half plate salad, 1/4 WG rice/ 1 slice of WG bread and 1/4 chicken/fish

2 hours after:

Bar/Soup
user977153
Rep:
?
My dinner today consisted of half a plate of mixed vegetables, 2 mushrooms, 5 olives, balsamic vinegar. Other half consisted of salmon, crab meat with a drizzle of soya sauce.

Didn't go gym today, but walked to town and back, about an hour worth. Also went grocery shopping, also walking a fair bit. Few sets of push ups, leg raises. I don't really have a muscle exercise plan :/
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Herbal Life is a pyramid scam.
user977153
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
What makes you say that?
Akkuz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Diet's like this aren't healthy or sustainable in the long-term.

Just eat healthily, create a calorie deficit and do some regular exercise..
_becca
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
completely agree with person above me. You don't need to go on some fad diet to lose weight.

If you're hungry, eat some fruit. Fill your house with filling and healthy snacks. Once you've lost excess weight start doing cardio at the gym. Keep yourself busy and you won't even notice you're not eating.
Sophie_girl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
scam. eat properly.
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
I concur.

If Herbalife is so wonderful and works so well - why is it not sold to the mass-market via normal retail outlets?

Whilst there may well be a quantum of product that may even be functional at the bottom of Herbalife, you have to understand that you are not buying (or selling) the product. You are buying and selling the concept of buying and selling the product. The only reason Herbalife isn't illegal (and hence a straight-up pyramid scheme) is that there is a tangible product involved. However, whether it's health pills or household products (like Amway) these MLMs are just devices to separate the unwary from their money - the maths are the same. There are not enough people in the world to make this work as a career.
user977153
Rep:
?
Well this isn't the first time I've tried Herbalife, I lost 11kg last time but I had to stop due to exams. I do not plan to using Herbalife for the long term at all as of course it's not healthy, perhaps only for a couple of months or so.

I also tried eating less and healthily and going to the gym everyday for a period of 2 weeks but I never lose as much weight in the same time period as with Herbalife.
Akkuz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DoctorVertigo)
Well this isn't the first time I've tried Herbalife, I lost 11kg last time but I had to stop due to exams. I do not plan to using Herbalife for the long term at all as of course it's not healthy, perhaps only for a couple of months or so.

I also tried eating less and healthily and going to the gym everyday for a period of 2 weeks but I never lose as much weight in the same time period as with Herbalife.
Losing weight too fast isn't healthy or good for you. If you lose it too fast you could be in danger of being left with loose skin.
user977153
Rep:
?
I woke up 10.30am, which was very strange for me, I never get up after 7.30am max! I didn't sleep late or anything, or was particularly tired... unsure why I slept so much!

I walked to the gym (30 mins), 30 mins on the elliptical trainer (intensive) and roughly 30 mins weight training, walked back home. I felt very energetic whilst at the gym and working on cardio, maybe that's just psychological but hey it worked.

My dinner today was very similar consisted of half a plate of mixed vegetables, mushrooms. Other half consisted of salmon, crab meat with a drizzle of soya sauce and lemon juice.

Despite losing some weight, I've felt bloated all day, not sure why...
boba
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
as a general rule of thumb (since of course its possible for there to be exceptions) any diet been named is bad.
user977153
Rep:
?
(Original post by boba)
as a general rule of thumb (since of course its possible for there to be exceptions) any diet been named is bad.
Well I'm gonna give Herbalife a shot for the short term and see if it's good or not for myself. I know any diet like this is "bad" for the long term and I plan to continue eating healthily after the weight loss.

I guess my lifestyle and eating habits before starting were bad, very bad actually, so this is an improvement in that respect; without sounding too naive. :rolleyes:
boba
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DoctorVertigo)
Well I'm gonna give Herbalife a shot for the short term and see if it's good or not for myself. I know any diet like this is "bad" for the long term and I plan to continue eating healthily after the weight loss.

I guess my lifestyle and eating habits before starting were bad, very bad actually, so this is an improvement in that respect; without sounding too naive. :rolleyes:
but part of the reason it is so bad is because even with the intention of doing it short term then eating healthily afterwards most people don't and after failing to follow the strict unrealistic diet fall straight back to their old ways.

you said yourself that you have followed this diet before and then you say your lifestyle and diet before starting this now were very bad. indicating that you have done that exact thing in the past.
user977153
Rep:
?
(Original post by boba)
but part of the reason it is so bad is because even with the intention of doing it short term then eating healthily afterwards most people don't and after failing to follow the strict unrealistic diet fall straight back to their old ways.

you said yourself that you have followed this diet before and then you say your lifestyle and diet before starting this now were very bad. indicating that you have done that exact thing in the past.
That's a very fair point! However I was not as committed to getting in shape as last time, I'm very determined this time round! I know a couple of people who lost a lot of weight using Herbalife and now maintain their weight by just eating healthily so it's doable.
user977153
Rep:
?
Day 3: Weighed in at 112.5kg.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You pay for this?
Arizona Dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I wish you luck I know how hard it is to lose weight

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Arizona Dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
3kg... I'm dumb is that about 6lbs?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads