The Student Room Group

The Ultimate "What to Bring to a festival" checklist

Scroll to see replies

Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.
Original post by Captain Haddock
Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

This guy gets it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rollinglikerob
This guy gets it

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as he doesn't get randomly searched!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YMLT
Don't suppose you have a link for that solar charger? Would save me £15 on a locker...

How do people make their own tent recognisable/memorable? I'm thinking of gaffa-tapping my name to it, but I can see 'is a...' being crudely added within 5 minutes...

are you going to boomtown fair???

also, people put colored glowsticks on their tent and also solar christmas lights, asda do a good set for 12 quid and you can put a wooden or fibreglass pole up outside your tent, it only needs to be about 3m tall but put a glowstick on top for night and a flourescent orange or red flag for daytime :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by minimanneil
are you going to boomtown fair???

also, people put colored glowsticks on their tent and also solar christmas lights, asda do a good set for 12 quid and you can put a wooden or fibreglass pole up outside your tent, it only needs to be about 3m tall but put a glowstick on top for night and a flourescent orange or red flag for daytime :smile:

Pound stretcher have solar powered fairy lights from £6.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Going to reading in 2014, anyone know what the policy is for booze, is it easy to get hold of and what are the bag searches like, some of my friends will want to get off their but so just getting a general idea of it all, will be my first festival
Reply 46
My festival list I made on my phone:

Alcohol - cider (no glass bottles)
Tent
Camp chair
Disposable BBQ
Meat to go on BBQ
£250 spending money
Sleeping bag
Sunglasses
Hat
Torch
Clothes
Loo roll x 2
Crappy £10 festival phone with camera
Pro Plus
Ear plugs for sleep
Coat (hooded)
Paracetomol x 2
Eye mask for sleep
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Deodorant - spray
Deodorant - roll on
Mirror
Eyeliner
Mascara
Foundation
Moisturiser
Dry shampoo
Vaseline
Lipstick
Baby wipes
Rizla x 1,000,000
Filters x 1,000,000
Lighter
Razer
Wellies
Festival ticket
Underwear x how many days you're there + 1
Form of ID
Hand sanitizer
Facepaint
Bin liner
Friends
Condoms
'erb

You need nothing else. At least I don't think so...(I didn't even end up taking most of these anyway in the end)
Original post by TomPreece
Going to reading in 2014, anyone know what the policy is for booze, is it easy to get hold of and what are the bag searches like, some of my friends will want to get off their but so just getting a general idea of it all, will be my first festival

In my experience, as long as you don't carry in an unnecessary amount of alcohol (they think you'll sell it on in site) then you should be alright, I just carried a crate in when I was 17 and then 18 and I didn't get searched either time.

Not sure about Reading but I'm sure it's very similar to Leeds, there was a shop on site that sells booze for stupidly expensive prices and obviously you'll need ID.

Bag searches aren't too bad, they do a quick one to make sure you haven't got any weaponry or the like.
I'm going to Boardmasters in Cornwall - 6th august-10th august. I've never been to a festival before. I'm a guy. Was thinking of bringing (weather dependent):

Clothes
Pair of boxers and socks for each day. Back up pair of socks too.
T shirt for each day. Plus 2 warmer tops for evenings/night
2 pairs of shorts. 1 pair of jeans. And since it's by the sea 1 pair of swimming shorts too (can be casual daily wear too)
Sunglasses
Snapback
Trainers
Wellies

Useful stuff
Iphone
Iphone portable charger
Suncream
Face wipes
Hand sanitiser
Bin bags
Torch
Toiletries - toilet roll, toothbrush, deodorant
Chewing gum

Camping stuff
Tent
Sleeping bag
Roll mat
Pillow
Portable chair

Entertainment
Alcohol - any tips for hiding it?
Magic mushrooms mixed with some food so it looks less suspicious
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Captain Haddock

If all that's good enough for a weekend in Vegas its good enough for anywhere
Original post by KCLeblanc
Got back from a really rainy 2000 trees a week ago.

Spend the extra on a decent tent. Having a decent sized porch for storing wellies and stuff that doesn't mind getting wet makes life much easier. And it means you can keep you sleeping space water and mud free.

I've got one of these, it's done two festivals and another one night camp out. One every occasion it's rained, not leaked yet.

http://www.millets.co.uk/product/096673/EH-AVON-GREEN-0.html

......and it's just got back from a stupidly wet and windy Womad!! I did a bit of adding up and I think it was the tent's 9th festival which probably means over the last few years I've probably slept in it for a month. So not a bad investment.

http://www.millets.co.uk/tents-camping/162607-eh-avon-dlx.html

Oh and I have also learned, if you'e camping in September, get a decent sleeping bag.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dylantombides
I'm going to Boardmasters in Cornwall - 6th

Towel,

As far as booze goes, check the festival policy and take take in much as allowed on your first trip from the car. It should give you an opportunity to see how tough it will be to bring in more.
Everything you will need to make the most of your experience in one place, with some great opening offers in March including FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE. More products (suggestions welcome) and more offers to come as the Festival Season draws closer...join us at @Festiready.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest