The Student Room Group

Off Topic - Addition to the MUN Charter

Hi all,
Since I can't see anything in the MUN Charter about Deputy Secretary General elections and I can't find anything.

So I propose that after CHAPTER VI - THE SECRETARY GENERAL - ELECTION
which reads as this:

Spoiler

I put in a similiar section that is identical except it speaks about the Deputy-Secretary General.

So it will read:

CHAPTER VII - THE DEPUTY-SECRETARY GENERAL - ELECTION
Article 28
The Deputy-Secretary General will announce their resignation in a new thread in the General Assembly or via mass PM.
Article 29
The Secretary General will ask for Manifestos from all potential candidates. The period for accepting manifestos should last around 7 days.
The Secretary General will post all manifestos in a new thread.
Article 30
The Secretary General will allow a Question & Answer period of 48 hours.
Article 31
The Secretary General will begin an election lasting 5 days.
Article 33
The election shall be a secret ballot.
Article 34
The results will not be disclosed until voting has finished.
Article 35
The candidates will not declare support for a candidate until after the poll has closed. This applies to all elections to any position in the MUN.
Article 36
If there are any suspicious votes then the Moderators shall be alerted and asked to check IP addresses. If fraudulent behaviour is discovered then the votes shall be discounted and the member responsible shall be permanently removed from the MUN.
Article 37
If a candidate in the election is discovered to have been involved in fraud in any way then their candidacy shall be terminated.
Article 38
Candidates shall not be permitted to campaign via private messaging during the election. Candidates can only PM other candidates and the incumbent Secretary General on topics relating to the election.
Article 39
The Secretary General may vote in the election.
Article 40
In the event of a tie in the votes at the end of the election the Secretary General shall hold another vote between the tied candidates.
Article 41
The TSR Moderation team can refuse the Deputy-Secretary General Election winner if they have sufficient reason to believe the voting has been tampered with.

Then in the next section which is currently CHAPTER VII but will become CHAPTER VIII, the section that reads as:

Spoiler

Will be changed so that it reads:

CHAPTER VII - THE SECRETARY GENERAL AND DEPUTY-SECRETARY GENERAL POWERS AND LIMITATIONS
Article 42
The decision of the Secretary General is final in all matters.
Article 43
All decisions of the Secretary General must be in the best interests of the MUN.
Article 44
The Secretary General may be removed at any time by a Vote of No Confidence.
Article 45
The Secretary General must maintain the MUN forum and subforum
a) Moving, closing and creating threads as necessary.
b) Editing, moving and removing posts as necessary.
c) Enacting changes to the forum as suggested and voted for by the membership of the MUN but subject to the limitations permitted by the Owners and Moderators of TSR
d) Enacting Roll Calls in order to ensure the entire General Assembly is active at all times
Article 46
The Secretary General shall act as head of the MUN Usergroup and admit new members and remove inactive members
Article 47
The Secretary General shall officiate in the election of representatives of Major Countries, non-permanent Security Council elections and the election of the next Secretary General. The Deputy-Secretary General shall do so in the absense of the Secretary General.
Article 48
The Secretary General and the Deputy-Secretary General shall enforce the Charter and the Rules of TSR and penalise those who break them persistently.
Article 49
The Secretary General and the Deputy-Secretary General shall endeavour to consistently improve the MUN forum with consultation with the membership and Moderation team as necessary.
Article 50
The Secretary General shall mediate in all disputes and remove personal debates from the MUN forum. The Deputy-Secretary General shall do so when the Secretary General is not avaliable.
Article 51
The Secretary General and the Deputy-Secretary General are the only people in the MUN allowed to close and re-open threads except for relevant Moderators.
Article 52
The Secretary General and relevant Moderators are the only people in the MUN allowed to edit any
posts not of their original writing.
Article 53
The Secretary General must ensure correct procedure is followed at all times including
a) debating in-character threads in-character
b) acting courteously at all times
c) alter resolutions directed at an incorrect Council
Article 54
When the Secretary General is not avaliable and the Deputy-Secretary General is covering, his/her word is final in all matters

I think that's about all for now. Please have a look through this and let me know if there is anything else worth changing or adding.

Thanks,

t_c
:cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Looks good - nothing jumping out at me of anything to change. :smile:
:bump:

More opinions on this would be helpful.
I'm with Rory on this one. Seems fine to me.
I'll mention this one last time in the next update then I'll put it to vote.
All looks fine by me.
CHAPTER VII - THE SECRETARY GENERAL AND DEPUTY-SECRETARY GENERAL POWERS AND LIMITATIONS
44 and 55 are the same,

It looks fine to me though :smile:
Original post by jakemittle
44 and 55 are the same,

It looks fine to me though :smile:

Ok I've removed that part, thanks. I'm going to put this to vote.
The Poll is up, please vote!
Terms we want sg and dsg election terms!
Original post by misterxninja
Terms we want sg and dsg election terms!

Terms? Anyway the SG terms thing has been done and added to the charter. The DSG bit comes next. Also it needs to be determind when terms for the SG and DSG start and finish etc etc.
Reply 11
good shout t_c!
Reply 12
The Deputy Secretary General should always remain objective in his or her role. CHAPTER VII, Article 39, allowing them to vote goes against this principle and unless an amendment is made I, on behalf of Namibia, can not support this addition to the MUN Charter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending