Just saw a thread asking people what their top 3 favourite books are so I thought I'd start one asking for favourite series of books - sometimes it's too hard to just pick one favourite book! Not going to limit it to 3 because that's too hard - just name a few.
My top few would settle at:
1) The Noughts and Crosses series - Malorie Blackman.
2) The Cherub series purely because I started reading them so long ago and I just think they're amazing.
3) The Mortal Instruments series (and I'm going to be cheeky and say The Infernal Devices series in the same point because its a prequel to the others) - Cassandra Clare.
4) The House of Night series - P.C and Kristen Cast.
1) Harry Potter (obviously)
2) The Dark Tower by Stephen King, utterly awesome.
3) Realm of the Elderlings by Robin Hobb, first trilogy especially.
4) Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin.
5) The original Dune trilogy by Frank Herbert, don't bother with the rest.
6) Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien.
7) The Night Watch tetralogy by Sergiy Lukyanenko.
8) Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson.
Bit obvious perhaps but:
Alice in Wonderland (does a pair count?)
The Chronicles of Narnia <3
And from when I was a kid the Naughtiest girl and far away tree series by Enid Blyton.
I think that's about it. Other series I seem to have only got round to reading one or I only like one.
Night Angel Trilogy. EPIC.
1) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll
2) Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
3) Discworld by Terry Pratchett
4) Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
5) His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
The Lord of the Rings
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
A Series of Unfortunate Events
..and just for my childhood's sake, Harry Potter :')
The Eragon series
The infernal devices series
The morganville vampires
The chronicles of Narnia
The divergent series
The hunger games (guilty pleasure)
This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
The Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.
A Song of Ice and Fire - George R. R. Martin.
Books that I wouldn't mind reading over and over again for the rest of my life?
A Song of Fire and Ice
A Series of Unfortunate Events.
The Chronicles of Narnia.
His Dark Materials.
Lord of the Rings.
Noughts and Crosses.
The Hunger Games (I didn't think the first one was anything special but I enjoyed the second one and loved the third one).
I quite enjoyed the series that started with A Discovery of Witches (I can't remember the series name). It was definitely a guilty pleasure but I adored Matthew.
I honestly don't consider the first two to be children's book series. You just can't appreciate the Chronicles of Narnia as a child in the same way you do when you're older. They're amazing stories. And I will always have a soft spot for A Series of Unfortunate Events.
The Hunger Games
The Mortal Instruments & The Infernal Devices
Hush Hush series
^ My current obsessions. :P
the hunger games
die for me/scream for me/kill for me series by karen rose
cant think of anymore at the moment