Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i dont know what you mean, but im a first year undergraduate physicist
    ahhh....that would explain. in america we have the 4 yrs. before you go off to collage.

Level
    9th. Algebra
    10th. Geometry
    11th. Algebra 2
    12th. (optional) Pre Cal

Honors (me should have been in the GATE one but they didnt have Pre Algebra in sixth grade in CA like they do in TX.)
    9th. Geometry
    10th. Algebra 2
    11th. Pre CAl
    12th. (optional) Cal

GATE
    9th. Algebra 2
    10th. pre Cal
    11th. Cal
    12th. (optional) statistics

thats what i meant.......

ReputationRep:
    we dont have some funny system like that. we just have GCSE maths, then A level maths, then Uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    we dont have some funny system like that. we just have GCSE maths, then A level maths, then Uni
    its not a funny system it makes sense.

so you guys dont do a different math each yr?

ReputationRep:
    catching the bus means taking your own life

have you ever wanted to kill yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    its not a funny system it makes sense.

so you guys dont do a different math each yr?
    no, we just learn all the "different" topics tot he same level.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    thas what it means!?!

no way! it's a disgusting thing to do!

does terrible things to the people left behind!

i hae no respect for people who kill themselves/attempt it!

no way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blag dahlia113)

I have considered it, but I'm completely against suicide and there's absolutely no point to the act. I have many ambitions in life, which I'd like to complete before then. There's no way I'd let myself do something to destroy my dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Catching the bus to where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Only if nobody would miss me.
    indeed, it is one of the most selfish things to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    indeed, it is one of the most selfish things to do.
    indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    thas what it means!?!

no way! it's a disgusting thing to do!

does terrible things to the people left behind!

i hae no respect for people who kill themselves/attempt it!

no way!
    Yes but some people use it as a call for help -they are in such despair that they can see no way out. Surely you should recognise that these people need help and not people saying it is disgusting or they deserve no respect.

ReputationRep:
    So catching the bus is suicide...I think that everyone might have considered suicide at some point...especially those who get very over-emotional...take my friend who threatened to kill himself with an overdose of sea-sickness pills, because everyone but him wanted to go to sleep on a ferry crossing to france

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Anyone ever thought about catching the bus?

Before you answer, if you do not know what the expression means then please do not respond. I am not good at explanations.
    yea i have 'thought' of commiting suicide, rather not say why, but i got over it after a few hours. If there is a guaranteed painless instantaneous suicide method with no side-effects such as dissapointment from my family and friends due to my death. I would do it now, take lots of ecstacy then proceed with the guaranteed painless instantaneous suicide method with no side effects.

I am feeling good at the moment, but i think that the above is very desirable - wouldnt you say?

ReputationRep:
    I think people who want to commit suicide are at a low point that they don't understand what effects it will have on the people who love them.. hmm.. kind like they are surrounded by a "bell jar"? Sylvia Plathe described it pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    yea i have 'thought' of commiting suicide, rather not say why, but i got over it after a few hours. If there is a guaranteed painless instantaneous suicide method with no side-effects such as dissapointment from my family and friends due to my death. I would do it now, take lots of ecstacy then proceed with the guaranteed painless instantaneous suicide method with no side effects.

I am feeling good at the moment, but i think that the above is very desirable - wouldnt you say?
    Taking pills which cause internal bleeding over a period of months which then leads to an abrupt death.
    However, I do not wish to infiltrate this forum with methods of killing ones self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Yes, [I] catching the bus [I] ,as someone was rightly said, is commiting suicide.

I notice that a few people have decided to mock me, and shown insincerity however that does not bother me. I am not looking for sympathy, nor am I looking to blame. I am simply presenting my feelings. Unless you have been at the point where I am at now, an all time low, then you are not at liberty to comment on the effects or causes of this issue.
    quit alot of people seem to have really immature views towards suiside, drugs and generally things they're frightened of or can't understand.

If someone wants to commit suiside it's their own choice. Ok it can hurt other people but you can use the same arguement against the anti-suiside camp: what right do others have to force someone to live a life they don't want to live just because it may hurt them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Yes, [I] catching the bus [I] ,as someone was rightly said, is commiting suicide.

I notice that a few people have decided to mock me, and shown insincerity however that does not bother me. I am not looking for sympathy, nor am I looking to blame. I am simply presenting my feelings. Unless you have been at the point where I am at now, an all time low, then you are not at liberty to comment on the effects or causes of this issue.
    to be honest and blunt, you should go and see a doctor. we dont know what we are talking about. as you say we (I) havent been there. you need to get someone to help you and i would be causous of finding it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blag dahlia113)

Never heard that expression. Wouldn't it be easier to say kick the bucket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Never heard that expression. Wouldn't it be easier to say kick the bucket?
    Wouldnt it to be easier to say, commit suicide?? ( :rolleyes: sorry are the words too difficult to type)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.