Turn on thread page Beta

Catching the bus. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Wouldnt it to be easier to say, commit suicide?? ( :rolleyes: sorry are the words too difficult to type)
    Well, obviously it is. But "kicking the bucket" is certainly a more commonly known phrase than "catching the bus"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Well, obviously it is. But "kicking the bucket" is certainly a more commonly known phrase than "catching the bus"
    kicking the bucket is a bit more to do with dying in general, not specifically commiting suicide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Wouldnt it to be easier to say, commit suicide?? ( :rolleyes: sorry are the words too difficult to type)
    To kick the bucket is simply to die. I've never heard of catching the bus, I just say "top yourself"...

Before I get them stupid insensitive comments, yes I've thought of "catching the bus". Now I realise I have a bright future. You really can put your own spin on anything however you want, but people who always put a bad spin on things tend to get the suicidal thoughts. They need to realise that actually they have a lot to live for, including themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Does "catching the bus" even make any sense? I guess it could mean taking the fast track route to death, but you still get delays and traffic and all those extra things. Never heard of it before in my life.

But if you insist, yes I have thought of "catching the bus" as you put it, in both senses of the word. I think most people go through phases like these in their lives, but seriously it may seem that everything is against you but it might just be that you have isolated yourself from everything else. If it is really troubling you, seek help, see a pyschiatrist or councillor. I have to see a pyschiatrist, for a different reason, and I went with the thought that talking to a random stranger wouldnt help me a bit, but its not all bad, especially if you are the type of person that cant open up to people you know.

ReputationRep:
    i am not mocking, i am simply expressing my thoughts on the matter

several times in the past couple of years, i have seen how destructive it is to the person's children, partners and family and friends

i am sorry if it has offended anyone or whatever, but i do not see how anyone could be so selfish to the people close to them. of course i have never been in the situation myself and have no idea what it is like, but from what i can see, it is disgusting

out!

ReputationRep:
    I have sometimes thought about it, i'd never do it though - it's a very selfish act. I've not been happy for the last few years and my life seems boring and rather meaningless at the moment. I haven't been to see a psychiatrist; but i have spoken to people on here before about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    i am not mocking, i am simply expressing my thoughts on the matter

several times in the past couple of years, i have seen how destructive it is to the person's children, partners and family and friends

i am sorry if it has offended anyone or whatever, but i do not see how anyone could be so selfish to the people close to them. of course i have never been in the situation myself and have no idea what it is like, but from what i can see, it is disgusting

out!
    Fair enough but it is difficult to explain what is running through a suicidal mind. Often they will not see that so many people around them love them, and rather that their death is the only way of making others happy. Or they are suffering so badly that it is really and truely the only way out. They cant see how much it will hurt the people around them since they percieve themselves to be so worthless and insignificent.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure about the point that suicide is selfish. I mean, so they're leaving behind the ones who "love" them. But in my view it reflects badly on the ones who love them that they haven't given the victim enough love and hope and happiness. Why does the suicidal person owe anything to anyone when they haven't done enough to convince them that there's great happiness to have in living? When death seems the best alternative, why should someone think about their friends and family when obviously they haven't thought about them enough? I just don't see why the suicidal are looked down on for being selfish.

ReputationRep:
    It's selfish because it could traumatise the people that find you dead. I know of someone that had to cut down their sister who hung herself - what person deserves to walk into a room and find that? It's selfish because god (or your parents if you want to be an atheist) gave you life, life is short enough as it is and many people would love to live an able-bodied life and they just don't get the chance. It's also selfish on your family for the reason that you stated.

ReputationRep:
    I tried catching a bus once...

but its was too big for my hands

Seriously, my cousin takes the view that killing yourself is the last resort but there are millions of other sunshine resorts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's selfish because it could traumatise the people that find you dead. I know of someone that had to cut down their sister who hung herself - what person deserves to walk into a room and find that? It's selfish because god (or your parents if you want to be an atheist) gave you life, life is short enough as it is and many people would love to live an able-bodied life and they just don't get the chance. It's also selfish on your family for the reason that you stated.
    Well whoever gave them life, it can't have been a good gift or they wouldn't find comfort in death. Why should a suicidal person care about who finds them when they believe whoever it is doesn't give a damn. Why should they care about someone who can't live an able-bodied life, when they don't really see the good in life, able-bodied or not?

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who tried catching the bus. He overdosed on painkillers but, the stupid person he was, he didn't take enough! His mum found him unconscious and he was taken to A&E. There were several jokes made about this.

J.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I know someone who tried catching the bus. He overdosed on painkillers but, the stupid person he was, he didn't take enough! His mum found him unconscious and he was taken to A&E. There were several jokes made about this.

J.
    Jokes :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Jokes :confused:
    The best one I heard was 'If I was his mum I would've given him more pills to finish him off!'

ReputationRep:
    There is a warning in the Sunday Times today about a suicide cult who is pervading forums on the world wide web specifically for teenagers. The original thread starter should be treated with extreme caution as this is the common introduction...
    If this thread is not closed down then insidiously, the talk will get increasingly depressing and private e-mails will be sent to contributors giving them advie on ways to end their lives at our 'friend' suggested. I am going to contact 'd' as I am extremely worried about this trend and anything suggestive of this cult does not belong on our forum :mad:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...019408,00.html
    Read the item yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    There is a warning in the Sunday Times today about a suicide cult who is pervading forums on the world wide web specifically for teenagers. The original thread starter should be treated with extreme caution as this is the common introduction...
    If this thread is not closed down then insidiously, the talk will get increasingly depressing and private e-mails will be sent to contributors giving them advie on ways to end their lives at our 'friend' suggested. I am going to contact 'd' as I am extremely worried about this trend and anything suggestive of this cult does not belong on our forum :mad:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...019408,00.html
    Read the item yourselves.
    In no way, shape or form is this thread about what you are insinuating. To talk about an everyday aspect of life which has affected many people is not a crime. This forum is a place where issuses such as this should have free space to be discussed.

To think that I am part of, or a representative of any group or cult is a gross misrepresentation, in fact quite the opposite. Did you not read my post:-

(Original post by Cyst)
    I do not wish to infiltrate this forum with methods of killing ones self
    However you, yawn1 ,are very much in the wrong. What you are basically saying is that by talking about issues such as this it will lead to "copy cat" events, in this case suicide. So would you also argue that talking about abortion, or maybe homosexuality would cause people to run off and have abortions if they are pregnant, or suddenly become gay?

I think that before you make a judgement on others and their oppinions you should re-assess your point of view, and then re-read what is actually being said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    yea i have 'thought' of commiting suicide, rather not say why, but i got over it after a few hours. If there is a guaranteed painless instantaneous suicide method with no side-effects such as dissapointment from my family and friends due to my death. I would do it now, take lots of ecstacy then proceed with the guaranteed painless instantaneous suicide method with no side effects.

I am feeling good at the moment, but i think that the above is very desirable - wouldnt you say?

i havent comsidrered it and dont think i ever will after i watched what it did to my best mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Taking pills which cause internal bleeding over a period of months which then leads to an abrupt death.
    However, I do not wish to infiltrate this forum with methods of killing ones self.
    The method you suggest on this post is taken directly from the item I provided a link to in the Sunday Times.
    I stand by my warning - you protest too much!
    Although you say you do not wish to infiltrate this forum with methods of killing oneself you started the thread so what ARE you up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    The method you suggest on this post is taken directly from the item I provided a link to in the Sunday Times.
    I stand by my warning - you protest too much!
    Although you say you do not wish to infiltrate this forum with methods of killing oneself you started the thread so what ARE you up to?
    Im up for a discussion, a debate, call it what you will. Get off your moral high horse and leave the forum if you cannot see the point in discussing a broad range of issues. If you wish to selectively take an interest in this forum then either don't respond to threads such as this one, or find a forum which talks only of the topic of your choice.

The quote you have taken from me is correctly from The Sunday Times, and it was simply a response to the previous post if you read correctly.

I stand by my last post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Anyone ever thought about catching the bus?

Before you answer, if you do not know what the expression means then please do not respond. I am not good at explanations.
    depends how fast its running

i hate it when your pen runs out and you have to catch it

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.