The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Qmul accomodation!

Scroll to see replies

I feel sorry for all you buggers. They've increased the rent by a good tenner a week! Maurice Court (en suite standard) was like 124 a week and now it's 135 a week!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by 9MmBulletz
I feel sorry for all you buggers. They've increased the rent by a good tenner a week! Maurice Court (en suite standard) was like 124 a week and now it's 135 a week!

Yeah when I applied for accommodation France house was £137 and now it's £151. Ridiculous.
Hi I got offered a room in my first choice of France House but having looked again on the virtual tour there doesn't seem to be a cupboard/wardrobe for hanging clothes... is this true or are my eyes playing tricks on me?! Especially given that all over the information page it says all rooms come with a cupboard and the tours of the less expensive halls have wardrobes it seems strange that France wouldn't have one.

Anyone know if there is one or not in France? Thanks :smile:
Original post by laurafairburn
Hi I got offered a room in my first choice of France House but having looked again on the virtual tour there doesn't seem to be a cupboard/wardrobe for hanging clothes... is this true or are my eyes playing tricks on me?! Especially given that all over the information page it says all rooms come with a cupboard and the tours of the less expensive halls have wardrobes it seems strange that France wouldn't have one.

Anyone know if there is one or not in France? Thanks :smile:

This has been annoying me too. They rent out the accommodation to tourists etc over summer and the company that does that has a diff picture for France house room. I've seen three diff room pics for France house (incl the tour on QMUL) and I have NO idea which is the correct one. Why is it so difficult to put up an accurate picture that matches the descript provided? D:<
Basically, I'm of no help sorry. Just think the tour may not be accurate for the bedroom.
Original post by MissZiggles
This has been annoying me too. They rent out the accommodation to tourists etc over summer and the company that does that has a diff picture for France house room. I've seen three diff room pics for France house (incl the tour on QMUL) and I have NO idea which is the correct one. Why is it so difficult to put up an accurate picture that matches the descript provided? D:<
Basically, I'm of no help sorry. Just think the tour may not be accurate for the bedroom.

It is pretty annoying!! Yeah I've looked on Google images etc and it all just seems to be generic photos which seems stupid seen as the other halls have specific pictures.
I don't see how there couldn't be one though... it would be pretty weird to expect girls to fold up going out dresses and guys to fold up suits and stuff like that :s-smilie:
It is pretty annoying!! Yeah I've looked on Google images etc and it all just seems to be generic photos which seems stupid seen as the other halls have specific pictures.
I don't see how there couldn't be one though... it would be pretty weird to expect girls to fold up going out dresses and guys to fold up suits and stuff like that :s-smilie:

If they advertise a wardrobe there should be one else it's false advertising/ whatever
Reply 26
Original post by MissZiggles
If they advertise a wardrobe there should be one else it's false advertising/ whatever

I had the same problem but I realised it's impossible not to have one. By the way, if you look in the mirror you will see something that looks like a wardrobe :-s
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silence18
I had the same problem but I realised it's impossible not to have one. By the way, if you look in the mirror you will see something that looks like a wardrobe :-s

Hahaha you're right!! Now I see why we have to pay so much for France House, it has wardrobes which you can only see via a reflection and cannot be seen by the naked eye.

:biggrin:

But seriously though I am little freaked out by that!
Reply 28
I can't remember what I put as my first choice option but I've ended up in Pooley House?

In the email it says I have to the 20th August 2012 to pay and confirm my place, has anybody paid already, or are people waiting til August 16th to see if they get in, then pay?
Original post by d_aan
I can't remember what I put as my first choice option but I've ended up in Pooley House?

In the email it says I have to the 20th August 2012 to pay and confirm my place, has anybody paid already, or are people waiting til August 16th to see if they get in, then pay?

in the email: 'If you are a prospective 1st Year Undergraduate holding a Conditional Offer, which is dependant on obtaining suitable A Level results, DO NOT accept your housing offer OR pay the deposit until you have received your results and met your conditions to study at Queen Mary (this is reflected in the deadline date you have been given to accept your offer).'

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
in the email: 'If you are a prospective 1st Year Undergraduate holding a Conditional Offer, which is dependant on obtaining suitable A Level results, DO NOT accept your housing offer OR pay the deposit until you have received your results and met your conditions to study at Queen Mary (this is reflected in the deadline date you have been given to accept your offer).'

:smile:

Thanks for the help, I got so excited, I decided to click on the link straight away:tongue:

Though, when I was reading the online agreement I thought it would be silly paying a deposit first if your place wasn't 100% confirmed
Original post by d_aan
Thanks for the help, I got so excited, I decided to click on the link straight away:tongue:

Though, when I was reading the online agreement I thought it would be silly paying a deposit first if your place wasn't 100% confirmed

Yeah I did the exact same then when I read the email I was worried that I had accidentally accepted it while I was on the website haha, literally worrying about any little thing to do with uni at the moment though!!
Does anyone know If there are any immediate fees to pay other than the £300 housing deposit? Like a registration fee or somthing.
Original post by keyboardwarrior
HEYYYYYYY guys and dolls,Just seen confirmation that I have been allocated France house(I'm gomna be so f*#^ing poor after I pay my rent) anyone know what its like? I'm sooooo excited! Also, I currently do not have the 300 smackers deposit, when is it deffo due by?kissssses :biggrin:
Im in france house too! That is if all goes well with results in 3 days and i get in :smile:
Reply 34

How was Maurice Court? I'm there this coming year.
Does anyone know when should we pay for accommodation? Is it ok if I pay once I get there, or should I do it beforehand?
Original post by HIDC
How was Maurice Court? I'm there this coming year.

It's quite decent actually. Fortunately I pretty much lived on the ground floor, so I could get out quick. Rooms are nice sized, kitchens are huge too- there's plenty of greenery in the court yard- so you can have barbeques in the summer
Reply 37
It's quite decent actually. Fortunately I pretty much lived on the ground floor, so I could get out quick. Rooms are nice sized, kitchens are huge too- there's plenty of greenery in the court yard- so you can have barbeques in the summer

Thanks! That's good to know. Sorry, one more random question: Flat 29, what floor is that on? I read there's no lifts in the building.
I'm actually clueless as to where this is- I used to live in flat 2. I remember flat 25 being opposite, but i only remember 4 floors in that building which were 25-28. I actually haven't got a clue where flat 29 is- any other flat before I could tell you where it is
Reply 39
I'm actually clueless as to where this is- I used to live in flat 2. I remember flat 25 being opposite, but i only remember 4 floors in that building which were 25-28. I actually haven't got a clue where flat 29 is- any other flat before I could tell you where it is

No worries, thanks anyway. Just hoping I have a room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending