This discussion is closed.
Princess_Pms
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
:confused: Ok, so i didnt bank on getting into uni, and now, because of my pessamism I have no funds, and I mean nothing, absolutely one hundred persent broke, i cant stress that enough! my parents can't support me, wouldnt want them to anyway.

any ideas how to make some money, fast?
[/B] [/B]

because im fresh out of ideas....HELP!
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If you wait till 2006 you will only have to pay for university when you have enough money to.
Mioniel
Report 17 years ago
Get a job, or a loam, or both. If your parents don't want to support you, see if they'd mind lending you money just until you get settled and find a job to pay them back.
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
if you get a student loan and a job, you should be to scrape through. i dont think my parents are helping me much, they might be able to get the 1125 for my fees (or whatveer it is) but then i'll be paying for evrything else. or am i just being naive?
Baby_Angelz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by deary_ma_leary)
if you get a student loan and a job, you should be to scrape through. i dont think my parents are helping me much, they might be able to get the 1125 for my fees (or whatveer it is) but then i'll be paying for evrything else. or am i just being naive?
Studying is for your own future. Plan it carefully I would say.

I am not sure about UK but it's pretty hard to find a job in my country if you don't have a degree. Almost everybody has a degree sad to say...
Serena
Report 17 years ago
If Ur Smart U Can Get A Scholarship Or Start Gambelling Fast
seana
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
get a job in the summer even a customer service one and you can pay your own tuition. and then get a part time job while studying to curtail daily expenses. additionally try all you can to get a grant or scholarship ...each school offers varied scholarships.

you could try the british council website and there are links there to independent sponsors...

you should count yourself lucky as you dont have to pay international fees llike me
you should also find out if you can pay your fee in installments...

be prepared to budget effectively...
as it is very easy to over spend esp if you are living on campus.

all the best!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (9)
69.23%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
15.38%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
7.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
7.69%

Watched Threads