Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Xbox to PC Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've decided I want to record some of my gameplay on the xbox 360, and so am looking for a cheap way of playing streaming the xbox output onto my laptop. Amazon was no help to me at all, so can someone please link me to a cheap, low quality capture card which I could use to get the gameplay onto my laptop (I already have screen recording software).

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately there is no cheap way to do this well. You really want to save up for a decent hdpvr and record it using that.

If you cheap out the recording will be all choppy and unwatchable.

ReputationRep:
    Get an easycap from ebay for about £7, it will only be standard definition, but it won't be choppy or unwatchable like claimed above, it won't be great, but short of a HD PVR (for about £100), it's about the only option, you don't use screen capture software either as that will be bad quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Get an easycap from ebay for about £7, it will only be standard definition, but it won't be choppy or unwatchable like claimed above, it won't be great, but short of a HD PVR (for about £100), it's about the only option, you don't use screen capture software either as that will be bad quality.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A1CWQNS28ZY7HR

Will that do? I'm a bit put off by the negative reviews, but maybe they just didn't know how to use it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnapAttackUK)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A1CWQNS28ZY7HR

Will that do? I'm a bit put off by the negative reviews, but maybe they just didn't know how to use it?
    I believe "Easy CAP" is the old brand name that got overtaken by shoddy knock-offs - the 'real' products are now under the "EZCap" brand, e.g.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00 (you can tell because they're more expensive)

I bought that in the Easter hols, and have been using it to play my PS3 through my laptop, without needing a television. It works fine, but doesn't support 16:9 resolution properly (not sure whether the device or the software is at fault), or HD at all.

ReputationRep:
    There is a cheap way, and it was advised just above, that is definately the best one to start off with.

ReputationRep:
    It's SD, they're all about as crap as each other, just get the cheapest if it doesn't work well then get saving for a HD version and you've only lost £5-10.

Poll
Would you shell out for travel insurance?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.