This discussion is closed.
helpme1
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am desperately failing maths. But the stupid thing is it's the subject I enjoy the most. I have a personal tutor I do work outside lessons but nothings changing. I got a C in Pure1 an E in Mechanics 1 and a U in Pure 2. I've been conditionally acctepted on to all of my university courses but for all of them I need a C and I don't know what to do because at this rate it's not going to happen. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by helpme1)
I am desperately failing maths. But the stupid thing is it's the subject I enjoy the most. I have a personal tutor I do work outside lessons but nothings changing. I got a C in Pure1 an E in Mechanics 1 and a U in Pure 2. I've been conditionally acctepted on to all of my university but for all of them I need a C and I don't know what to do because at this rate it's not going to happen. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?
maths is difficult. i am doing it and i am struggling to get an a.What you need to do, is do loads of practice - i know that there are bits where you have forgotten and cant do. These things you have to ask your personal tutor. You also may wanna get a few revision guides?
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeh - dont get a negative attitude about it. i dont do a level but for gcse i took on extra lessons and did 1hrs revision every night just repetition repetition repetition.. i made revision cards that my parents/firends/myself could test me on.. i stuck cards all over my room with formula (a good place is in front on the loo or on the mirror) and i practised non stop .. dont be disheartened.. i was predicted an E and came out with an A . you have to have a bloody minded mentality about it and that shoud be easier since you enjoy it anyway. so focus on just one small section a night- master it - repeat it the next night till youre confidant you could do it even if a nuclear bomb was going off and you were supposed to be evacuating.. and then move on to the next thing. at the end of the week re-cap. good luck! you can do it!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (169)
24.82%
Better than expected (141)
20.7%
Worse than expected (371)
54.48%

Watched Threads