Turn on thread page Beta

help me watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am desperately failing maths. But the stupid thing is it's the subject I enjoy the most. I have a personal tutor I do work outside lessons but nothings changing. I got a C in Pure1 an E in Mechanics 1 and a U in Pure 2. I've been conditionally acctepted on to all of my university courses but for all of them I need a C and I don't know what to do because at this rate it's not going to happen. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpme1)
    I am desperately failing maths. But the stupid thing is it's the subject I enjoy the most. I have a personal tutor I do work outside lessons but nothings changing. I got a C in Pure1 an E in Mechanics 1 and a U in Pure 2. I've been conditionally acctepted on to all of my university but for all of them I need a C and I don't know what to do because at this rate it's not going to happen. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?
    maths is difficult. i am doing it and i am struggling to get an a.What you need to do, is do loads of practice - i know that there are bits where you have forgotten and cant do. These things you have to ask your personal tutor. You also may wanna get a few revision guides?

ReputationRep:
    yeh - dont get a negative attitude about it. i dont do a level but for gcse i took on extra lessons and did 1hrs revision every night just repetition repetition repetition.. i made revision cards that my parents/firends/myself could test me on.. i stuck cards all over my room with formula (a good place is in front on the loo or on the mirror) and i practised non stop .. dont be disheartened.. i was predicted an E and came out with an A . you have to have a bloody minded mentality about it and that shoud be easier since you enjoy it anyway. so focus on just one small section a night- master it - repeat it the next night till youre confidant you could do it even if a nuclear bomb was going off and you were supposed to be evacuating.. and then move on to the next thing. at the end of the week re-cap. good luck! you can do it!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.