The Student Room Group

Appropriate to go to A&E for this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry to rebump this thread but the kidney pain's even worse today, it's just continuously hurting :frown: the other symptoms of the UTI have pretty much disappeared, but still aching/hurting loads round my sides/back, and a slight stomach ache too.

what to do now? go back to the walk in centre or finish the antibiotics first (won't be till Tuesday though)?
Reply 21
If everything else is getting better, and you don't have a high temperature, then keep going with the antibiotics and make sure you're using regular painkillers.
Reply 22
I had the exact same thing, it was a very bad water infection. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice, also having a bath helped relieve my symptoms. The doctor will more than likely give you antibiotics and it should clear up :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Helenia
If everything else is getting better, and you don't have a high temperature, then keep going with the antibiotics and make sure you're using regular painkillers.

Everything else is fine and I don't have a temperature, it's just pain in the pelvis/back still that's getting on my nerves... not so much cos it's painful, it isn't too bad but I'm just concerned about why it hasn't gone yet! Probably overreacting, haha. Will just hope it's gone after I've finished the antibiotics - thanks for the advice :h:
Reply 24
How long is the course of antibiotics? I had a three day course and I didn't feel properly better until a day after I stopped taking them. Depends how bad the infection was on how fast it takes to clear up

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
Original post by _Shmiley
How long is the course of antibiotics? I had a three day course and I didn't feel properly better until a day after I stopped taking them. Depends how bad the infection was on how fast it takes to clear up

Mine is 3 days too, last one being tonight. I don't think it was that bad tbh but I did leave it like 5 days before treating it... I'll just see how I feel tomorrow, thank you :smile:
Reply 26
If a day or so after the antibiotics you're feeling no better, then go back. It could be something else.
Reply 27
It could be kidney stones ?

Quick Reply

Latest