Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Will somebody pls help because i am so confused. I have recieved an offer from lancaster to do law (ABB including general studies) but have been rejected from manchester and warwick....

As i got AAAAc in my AS levels i am wonderin if it is worthwhile takin up lancasters offer in law or whether i shud take a year out and apply for history or sumthing next year in a better university or to do law now in lancaster. Any suggestions would be helpful on wat i shud do because at the moment im really stuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helena777)
    Will somebody pls help because i am so confused. I have recieved an offer from lancaster to do law (ABB including general studies) but have been rejected from manchester and warwick....

As i got AAAAc in my AS levels i am wonderin if it is worthwhile takin up lancasters offer in law or whether i shud take a year out and apply for history or sumthing next year in a better university or to do law now in lancaster. Any suggestions would be helpful on wat i shud do because at the moment im really stuck
    I'm sorry to say that only you can make that decision. You have to decide what's best for you...

I'll try and give some pros and cons though:

Pros: Take a gap year...gain experience etc...get your grades and return next year a better candidate.
    You could get into a better uni than Lancaster (not taking anything away from this uni)
    Have a great gap year and travel etc....do things you've always wanted to do

Cons: No guaranteeing on a place next year
    Delay going to uni for a whole year

Also remember though...if you do decide to go to lancaster this year...you'll probably have the time of your life...and you won't be able to imagine not going to uni there...and meeting the people you met and having the experiences.

Hope it helps....

Good Luck

G

ReputationRep:

Competition for places next year will be just as tough, if not worse due to tuition fees. I faced the same dilemma as i have been rejected from my top 3 choices but after careful consideration the risks of taking a gap year with the hope of more success next year are huge. Lancaster is a good uni. Things could be worse.

ReputationRep:
    id take a year out

Lancaster is a very good univesrsity, a degree from there is highly respected. That little fact coupled with the fact that there may be increased competition next year due to the rush to aviod tuition fees means that in your position I would go to Lancaster (also helps that I actually like the place, so I would make sure you have visited a few times before making any decision)!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster is pretty good.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.