Nose piercing advice Watch

EmmyLauren
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Basically i've had my nose pierced for just over a year now and it still hurts when i take it out. I'm pretty sure this should not be happening, so i don't know what to do. Is it supposed to still hurt? Should i change the stud? I've had the same stud in since i've had it done because it hurts to take it out.
I got it done with a gun btw, which i know isn't the best- i'll admit i should have done more research beforehand but it was a spur of the moment thing.
I've tried looking on google but nothing that useful has come up.

I'd really appreciate your advice, thanks
faith16120
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EmmyLauren)
Basically i've had my nose pierced for just over a year now and it still hurts when i take it out. I'm pretty sure this should not be happening, so i don't know what to do. Is it supposed to still hurt? Should i change the stud? I've had the same stud in since i've had it done because it hurts to take it out.
I got it done with a gun btw, which i know isn't the best- i'll admit i should have done more research beforehand but it was a spur of the moment thing.

I've had mine done for over a year too and mine still kills if I catch it..
I swapped to a smaller stud as i find if it comes out trying to put the one they pierce it with with the larger bobble on the end really hurts!
x
EmmyLauren
Rep:
?
(Original post by faith16120)
I've had mine done for over a year too and mine still kills if I catch it..
I swapped to a smaller stud as i find if it comes out trying to put the one they pierce it with with the larger bobble on the end really hurts!
x
Thanks very much! x
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What jewellery do you have (material and style)?

If it's low quality or made of steel, it could be the material making it sensitive. Try titanium, or perhaps Bioplast, which is flexible. If it's a nose bone (like this) then they're rubbish - try a nostril screw or a tiny labret - these are really good IMO. You have to buy the post and end separately but you can get tiny ends which is great, mine are only 1.5mm...and they're really comfortable to wear. Fiddly to change, but you can get tapers which are very helpful. If you're already wearing nostril screws, I've found that sometimes the ones with very tight/small bends can be irritating due to the angle you have to put them in at.

Otherwise, I'd say mine took about 8 months to feel pretty good, and probably about 12-14 months before I'd consider them totally healed. And mine were done properly, with a needle.
killerjane
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EmmyLauren)

If its the one you had it pierced with I'm guessing it'll be a larger gauge (16G or 18G). I've had mine pierced 2 months now but my piercer said its okay to change from my 18G labaret to a 20g screw. I'd definitely say try and smaller that's because a) you'll probably wear a smaller size in future anyway and b) because there's some wiggle room I found mine easy to put in with a bit of lubrication.

And don't panic I heard nose screws were a pain to get in ans mine looked so small and fiddly but it was a doddle.

Just be patient and gentle but if it takes longer than 15 minutes just be careful of excessive irritation and the noses tendency to heal.
EmmyLauren
Rep:
?
(Original post by killerjane)
If its the one you had it pierced with I'm guessing it'll be a larger gauge (16G or 18G). I've had mine pierced 2 months now but my piercer said its okay to change from my 18G labaret to a 20g screw. I'd definitely say try and smaller that's because a) you'll probably wear a smaller size in future anyway and b) because there's some wiggle room I found mine easy to put in with a bit of lubrication.

And don't panic I heard nose screws were a pain to get in ans mine looked so small and fiddly but it was a doddle.

Just be patient and gentle but if it takes longer than 15 minutes just be careful of excessive irritation and the noses tendency to heal.
Thankyou! Yeah i'm sure mine's a 18G too.
Bananasban
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Had mine done a year ago It hurts so bad when taking it out always have to go to the piercer up town to change it for me it came out a small bit when someone hugged me the other day and it's swelled now 😩
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
18.82%
Labour (105)
41.18%
Liberal Democrats (52)
20.39%
Green Party (15)
5.88%
Brexit Party (7)
2.75%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)