Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malteaser_69)
    ALSOOO! sorry! in the exam is it just one essay question or is it a number of questions?
    If you do AQA there are two sections. In each section you do two 6 mark questions and one 18 mark question. The only exception is the research methods unit, which is a number of one and two mark questions, with a 6 mark question at the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malteaser_69)
    ALSOOO! sorry! in the exam is it just one essay question or is it a number of questions?
    AS= 3 modules
    A2= 3 modules

For AS there are three exams - 1 hour each, 2 questions on each paper, but you do them all in a row (well we did anyway) so it's more like a 3 hour exam with 6 questions (half an hour each)

For A2 there are 2 exams and coursework. The first exam is 1 and a half hours - there are 3 questions (half an hour on each).
    I think the synoptic is 1 and a half hours too

ReputationRep:
    most universities will respect chemistry far more than psychology. i find that most of psychology seems to be learning lots of irrelevant studies in detail and all the exams really test are how fast you can write- you only need 58% raw marks in the exams to get an A so not particularly hard!my advice would be to go for chemistry- so much more interesting and so much less to learn.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't learnt 9 topics.. I've learnt 4 (Anti & Pro-Social Behaviour, Relationships, Personality Development, Biological Rhythms) and I'm not going to bother revising or answering a question on Relationships,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byakugan_neji)
    Psychology is one of the easiest A-levels ever, well for me anyways. All you need is to be able to remember facts and be able to write effective essays.
    I've found it the hardest subject I've taken just because of the sheer amount of info you need to remember for the exam. For ever theory you have to learn there's also the name of the psychologist who suggested the theory and some examples of experiments that prove or disprove the theory. I took it thinking it would be easy (that's what the media suggests) but it definately isn't!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.