Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

nooby counter strike source question Watch

ReputationRep:
    on a server, how do you tell if a player is actually a bot and not a real person?

ReputationRep:
    If you hit Tab it'll show you 'BOT' where their ping should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGuyPsy)
    If you hit Tab it'll show you 'BOT' where their ping should be.
    So if they have a number for their ping/latency, then that means they're not a bot. I still have a sneaky suspicion that the server I'm on has bots because of how bad some of the players are, and I'm not even that good (I usually average a 1:1 kill/death ratio). There were a few occasions when I killed them and they didn't even notice me :lol:

btw the server I'm talking about, has a capacity of around 60 players with about 45 playing when I was on it, thought they could only have a max of 32 players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    So if they have a number for their ping/latency, then that means they're not a bot. I still have a sneaky suspicion that the server I'm on has bots because of how bad some of the players are, and I'm not even that good (I usually average a 1:1 kill/death ratio). There were a few occasions when I killed them and they didn't even notice me :lol:

btw the server I'm talking about, has a capacity of around 60 players with about 45 playing when I was on it, thought they could only have a max of 32 players
    I think I've had a similar experience before. By the time you realise, you feel like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradoxia)
    I think I've had a similar experience before. By the time you realise, you feel like an idiot.
    what, you found out in the end that you were playing against bots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    what, you found out in the end that you were playing against bots?
    If the BOTs are connected from another server they will have a ping. It's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    The way to tell is if they have generic names like Jack, Jason etc.. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradoxia)
    If the BOTs are connected from another server they will have a ping. It's not impossible.
    argh thats annoying, are there any foolproof way to find out if they're bots or humans?

ReputationRep:
    Hit tab, usually says BOT under latency column.

However, some servers try and disguise that. Although, it becomes obvious: they have weird names like "YankyDoodle" :rofl:.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 14, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.