The Student Room Group

advice/help please

hi, ive got PPE offers from york, manchester and durham (Grey).
im favouring york atm-best course, but i want to do law eventually and am worried that the lack of a law department will disadvantage me?!

which of these unis would anyone else pick? ive also got a warwick offer (but can only make it if i retake and i dont want to and wont improve my grade anyway) and am waiting to hear from edinburgh. is politics department at durham all that bad? etc etc!

Thanks
Jane
im favouring york atm-best course, but i want to do law eventually and am worried that the lack of a law department will disadvantage me?!

which of these unis would anyone else pick? ive also got a warwick offer (but can only make it if i retake and i dont want to and wont improve my grade anyway) and am waiting to hear from edinburgh. is politics department at durham all that bad? etc etc!

Thanks

applying postgrad to other unis is even harder, theres much more competition for places especially at the top 15 unis.. so for that reason id go for durham becuase you would hopefully be ableto move into the law dep there which is very good
Reply 2
Jane

Thanks

If you want to do law, then you should be able to do a conversion course at another Uni, York is well respected so it shouldn't be a problem, I don't think.

As for Durham, I don't know a great deal about the Politics department, but I remember somebody doing History and Politics there said that the Politics wasn't all that great. I don't know if it's that bad, or she was just trying to make me feel better about getting rejected for Politics at Durham :smile:
Reply 3
Jane

Thanks

never knew that durham does ppe? I would personally go to warwickand retake, but other than that i would go to york :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending