Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, ive got PPE offers from york, manchester and durham (Grey).
    im favouring york atm-best course, but i want to do law eventually and am worried that the lack of a law department will disadvantage me?!

which of these unis would anyone else pick? ive also got a warwick offer (but can only make it if i retake and i dont want to and wont improve my grade anyway) and am waiting to hear from edinburgh. is politics department at durham all that bad? etc etc!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane)
    im favouring york atm-best course, but i want to do law eventually and am worried that the lack of a law department will disadvantage me?!

which of these unis would anyone else pick? ive also got a warwick offer (but can only make it if i retake and i dont want to and wont improve my grade anyway) and am waiting to hear from edinburgh. is politics department at durham all that bad? etc etc!

Thanks
    applying postgrad to other unis is even harder, theres much more competition for places especially at the top 15 unis.. so for that reason id go for durham becuase you would hopefully be ableto move into the law dep there which is very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane)

Thanks
    If you want to do law, then you should be able to do a conversion course at another Uni, York is well respected so it shouldn't be a problem, I don't think.

As for Durham, I don't know a great deal about the Politics department, but I remember somebody doing History and Politics there said that the Politics wasn't all that great. I don't know if it's that bad, or she was just trying to make me feel better about getting rejected for Politics at Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane)

Thanks
    never knew that durham does ppe? I would personally go to warwickand retake, but other than that i would go to york

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.