The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
For Houlihan Lokey, can we apply right now for a summer internship? Because I can only see an opening for a Financial Analyst position, but I am not sure whether it's an internship position or a full time position...
Original post by nicepower
For Houlihan Lokey, can we apply right now for a summer internship? Because I can only see an opening for a Financial Analyst position, but I am not sure whether it's an internship position or a full time position...

Qualifications

A B.A./B.S./B.B.A. in finance, accounting, business or applied economics is required, as is course work in accounting and finance. Strong financial and computer skills, as well as a fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications, are recommended. Candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff, strong analytical abilities, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Looks like all of UBS's programs have now opened for UK as well
Reply 143
If you have graduated is it too late to apply for summer interns?
Out of interest, when are you guys all applying for these internships? I know there must be a case for applying early but personally I have some more WE I want to finish before this..
Original post by Bloodbath

Depends if you are still in full time education I would imagine. Or you could claim to be 'seeking a masters'..
Reply 146

Look for longer term internships and off-cycles
Reply 147
I wonder if UBS will actually hire at the full-time level though.
Reply 148
greenhill interview invite. completed the test on the weekend.

EDIT: Anyone done the Lazard verbal? Do you get an email after? My status has simply updated to "Your application form and test scores are under consideration". Any ideas if that means I passed the verbal?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 149
Original post by miml
greenhill interview invite. completed the test on the weekend.

EDIT: Anyone done the Lazard verbal? Do you get an email after? My status has simply updated to "Your application form and test scores are under consideration". Any ideas if that means I passed the verbal?

Probably yes. I have never applied to Lazard though, so not the best source. But usually if you phail companies tell you straight away.
Reply 150
Has anyone actually had a rejection from Greenhill yet? It seems they are collecting applications and feeding through interviews to the people they see most appropriate first and seeing what happens.

As for Lazard they let you know within an hour odd if you fail their tests, so it must mean you have passed!

Original post by effofex
Probably yes. I have never applied to Lazard though, so not the best source. But usually if you phail companies tell you straight away.
Reply 151
i wonder what Virtu Financial tests are like?
Reply 152
Original post by ManagerMP
Look for longer term internships and off-cycles

How do you go about doing this :colondollar:
Reply 153
Original post by 419
How do you go about doing this :colondollar:

apply online, call people up, walk around Liverpool Straat and Canary Wharf with a board (both front and back) resting on your shoulders conveying your undying interest.
Reply 154
Lazard interview :smile:
Fudging Hell...Lazard's application has 4 questions to answer...damnnnnn :frown:
Reply 156
If you are applying to a spring internship before starting university, what would you recommend putting as a predicted degree grade?
Reply 157

Not sure now but afaik Barcap allows you to apply even when you're already a grad
Reply 158
Original post by Groat
If you are applying to a spring internship before starting university, what would you recommend putting as a predicted degree grade?

Nothing, it would be ****ing retarded. Even if you're 100% sure you'll be getting a 1st you've got no evidence whatsoever to back your claims - regardless of your previous grades/prestige of the university you attend.
Original post by miml
Lazard interview :smile:

Well done :smile: Hope it all goes well for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending