The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MFK47
Just completed the verbal reasoning test, wasn't too bad but now i really want to know how i did. The SJT was a little hit and miss as you said so now it's just a case of playing the waiting game i suppose.

Does anyone know how many jobs are going for the immigration officer role?

Yes the verbal reasoning was ok but I second guess myself all the time! SJT was no better second time around! Fingers crossed we've done enough!

It was advertised as 100 vacancies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Original post by FamilyPupil
Yes the verbal reasoning was ok but I second guess myself all the time! SJT was no better second time around! Fingers crossed we've done enough!

It was advertised as 100 vacancies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

100? I didn't think there would be that many, although i suppose they'll be a fair few applicants per position.

Best of luck!
Original post by MFK47
100? I didn't think there would be that many, although i suppose they'll be a fair few applicants per position.

Best of luck!
They don't run campaigns often and haven't for a number of years. That and there's a huge backlog.

I'm under the impression that all of the training is going to be done in London but the rest of the country needs new blood too. I imagine they'll want a fair few people to go around and about.
Original post by MFK47

Best of luck!

Yes, I was surprised too but as stated there is a HUGE immigration backlog. Good luck, and hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
Original post by Orv
Just had a e-mail saying sorry for the delay, but it will be another week before we get told if we passed the online tests :confused:

Hi Orv,

I must have applied for the same Border Officer post as yourself, as I got the same two emails the week before last saying sorry for the delay, blah, blah, blah. Then I didn't hear anything last week either or so far this week!

I too, am currently a Civil Servant and wonder how the six competencies will be assessed in the interview due to not having to write down examples in the application form. But I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Whereabouts would you like to be located? I'm in Newcastle.
Reply 585
Original post by millsy1976
Are there any existing Civil Servant currently awaiting the outcome of the online test here? Just wondered if anybody has an idea of when we're likely to find out if we're going ot be invited to interview?

I'm an existing civil servant and still waiting for the outcome of the online test. It does seem to be taking some time.
Hi everyone!

Regarding the Asylum Case Worker position. I've got my interview on Friday 11:45am. Anyone here going on that same day?

It's going to have a written scenario test (30mins) and a competency interview (45mins).
Anywho good luck all!
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone who had the Asylum Case Worker interview heard back yet? (I know it's probably too early as they haven't interviewed everyone yet, but I thought it was worth asking). I had my interview last Monday - such a long wait as I was the first day of interviews!

Oh also, do they have two weeks of interview just for the 38 London positions? Someone told me they were recruiting for other areas as well. (Just thinking about what my odds are!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Wait there are only 38 positions for the Asylum Case Worker slot in London?
Now I feel like crap...

@comicbookgirl

If you had your interview last week and the slot I picked was the last date for an interview (28th Friday) then 2 weeks of interviews for 38 positions sounds tough... There were 2 times if I can remember per a day and there were 4 for each slot so 8 a day for 2 weeks (Mon-Fri) means 80 candidates for 38 positions...
(edited 11 years ago)
Woah woah woah wait.

We have a Border Force? I had no ****ing clue.
Reply 590
I got an invite to an interview this afternoon at 14.57, for interviews starting next week, in Croydon......I live in Newcastle, how on earth do they expect people who live that distance away to get down in that time frame, never mind prepare!

Totally gutted, not sure I can afford the fair with it being such a tight timescale!!
Original post by ALoverOfLove
Wait there are only 38 positions for the Asylum Case Worker slot in London?
Now I feel like crap...

@comicbookgirl

If you had your interview last week and the slot I picked was the last date for an interview (28th Friday) then 2 weeks of interviews for 38 positions sounds tough... There were 2 times if I can remember per a day and there were 4 for each slot so 8 a day for 2 weeks (Mon-Fri) means 80 candidates for 38 positions...

Really? There were 12 in my slot, and they split us into two groups of 6 (one group took the test first and then the interview, and the other group did it the other way around). I assume there was another group of 12 before me (I was the second slot of the day). Maybe they had a different number of interviewers available each day (sorry if that depresses you more!) However, the person looking after us did say something about them recruiting for other parts of the country as well, and that 38 was only for the London area. That's why I was confused.
Reply 592
Original post by rowlyc
I got an invite to an interview this afternoon at 14.57, for interviews starting next week, in Croydon......I live in Newcastle, how on earth do they expect people who live that distance away to get down in that time frame, never mind prepare!

Totally gutted, not sure I can afford the fair with it being such a tight timescale!!

Me too! I'm in Blackpool and have the same problem. I have a thing called work! Can't just go when ever I feel like it. Ridiculous
Reply 593
Original post by Orv
Me too! I'm in Blackpool and have the same problem. I have a thing called work! Can't just go when ever I feel like it. Ridiculous

What you going to do then Orv?
I'm going to ask work if they might pay for it, but I think that'll be a "no go" with all the cuts we're making at the min. But even if they do it doesn't give me long to prepare. I'm so annoyed with the whole thing, after waiting this long to find out, to be told we have to travel to london in under a week is total madness - I cannot believe there isn't suitable interviewers in the North somewhere who could do exactly the same job!
Original post by rowlyc
What you going to do then Orv?
I'm going to ask work if they might pay for it, but I think that'll be a "no go" with all the cuts we're making at the min. But even if they do it doesn't give me long to prepare. I'm so annoyed with the whole thing, after waiting this long to find out, to be told we have to travel to london in under a week is total madness - I cannot believe there isn't suitable interviewers in the North somewhere who could do exactly the same job!

PCS asked UKBA why they had raised the bar for this current round of jobs (e.g. why now ask for a degree when for an EO when before you needed just 2 A levels) and the answer was "it's an employer's market". I guess this is why they believe they can have people hanging around and then arrange things at the last minute... there are people who are willing to put with that to get the job.
Reply 595
Hi just wanted to ask as u have done everything have they given u a start date. It's just I need to give four weeks notice yo my present employer and don't know when to do it for. Any advice?
Has anyone who applied for the immigration case owner jobs heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Orv

Hey - congrats guys! I've still not heard anything! The email you were sent confirming interview - did that also appear on the application summary when you logged in to the webpage? I only ask because I'm not in the office at the moment and have no access to email, but I've not been sent an email according to the application summary webpage....?

either way - well done guys!
Original post by FamilyPupil
Has anyone who applied for the immigration case owner jobs heard anything yet?

Not since the confirmation that my tests went through, which is a little disconcerting since the interviews are supposed to start a week from today. At least it's not just me.
Original post by History-Student
Not since the confirmation that my tests went through, which is a little disconcerting since the interviews are supposed to start a week from today. At least it's not just me.

Yes, I thought that too but they also said it would take up to two weeks after the deadline date and it's only been a week. Also from previous posts it seems that they have a pattern for falling behind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest