Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the deadline for sending your HE1 forms to your LEA's is march 14th

have any of you done this yet? it's 2 weeks away which is quite a lot really. and it said that these deadlines are not the-be-all-and-end-all. it just means you wont be guaranteed to get your loan for the start of uni.

anyway, just that question i want answered - have any of you set off your HE1 forms yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)

have any of you done this yet? it's 2 weeks away which is quite a lot really. and it said that these deadlines are not the-be-all-and-end-all. it just means you wont be guaranteed to get your loan for the start of uni.

anyway, just that question i want answered - have any of you set off your HE1 forms yet??

Deadline is in TWO WEEKS? damn. I had no idea it was that soon.

(I think that answers your question about whether I've sent my form off or not)

ReputationRep:

Where do you get the HE1 forms from?? - I haven't heard anything about them - haven't even been mentioned to us in school.

ReputationRep:

is that all LEAs? they havnt even given us any forms/advice at college yet... (most people at my college are from hants or surrey)- im gonna start to panic in a bit...

ReputationRep:
    lol

go to http://www.dfes.gov.uk to get a HE1 form, or contact your LEA to get one

then send it off

i'll do mine this week

they'll probably be telling you in school this week now. hopefully anyway

cause no ****er in my school would have a clue bout all this!

ReputationRep:
    and this is only regarding schools in england and wales - dunno bout ireland/scotland!

don't start panicking though, people! you can miss the deadline - it just means you may not have your loan to start university with!

breathe!

ReputationRep:
    i think it varies from county to county. we had a talk and the man said ours was april ish. and the education authority hasnt even sent the forms to our school yet. so its fine!

ReputationRep:
    the LEA's send the forms out? well thats nice of them

i'm just reading stuff from the ucas/dfes website! don't shoot me!

i would have thought it was all the same time for every county, but what do i know?

NOTHING!!!

sorry people,

ReputationRep:
    lol heeey dont trust me on that. we had a talk from some guy from the local uni bout finances. and our teachers sed we get the forms wen they send them to our school. i guess it depends on the county n school n things who knows!!

ReputationRep:
    OMG 2 weeks?? never heard of these forms! is this some cruel joke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)

yeah, what she said ^^

ReputationRep:
    What what what's this? Loans? I know nothing about loans, what do I need to do? I haven't been told! Argh!

ReputationRep:

that would be what the letter from the concil at home is then.

oh well, it can wait 3 weeks and be late..how silly sending it to my home address in term time.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    If you wish to guarantee payment by the start of term, your application form must be received by the following dates:

For new applicants, please return your form by 2nd July 2004
    For continuing applicants, please return your form by 28th May 2004
    For non income-assessed only applicants, please return your form by 30th April 2004

?
    Plus what's a PN1?!
    Oooh god I knew I should've not done my coursework and gone to the finance talk the other day :rolleyes:

ALSO - This came from DfES:
    Timing of applications
    We strongly recommend that if you want your first instalment of financial support to be available at the start of term, you should return your application form as soon as possible. You can apply from March 2004, but must return your form no later than 2 July 2004 (new students) or 28 May 2004 (current students). Late applications may result in late payments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)

WHAT?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!
    I've not even had all of my interviews then?!?!?!? F*** SH** BUGGER HELL!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    and this is only regarding schools in england and wales - dunno bout ireland/scotland!

don't start panicking though, people! you can miss the deadline - it just means you may not have your loan to start university with!

breathe!

Well I sent my form off well on time and didn't get my loan until over two weeks after I started uni.

ReputationRep:
    You can't download the forms yet so I doubt they're in for the 14th and I remember that date being for last year.

ReputationRep:
    Either someone's got the date wrong or a huge number of students aren't going to have any money at the start of term.

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic anyone- those dates are wrong. Check out this website:
    http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport/index.shtml

The forms aren't even available yet and the deadline for new students isn't until July 2nd 2004.

ReputationRep:
    oh really??

well ****!

sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they really should update stuff

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.