Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In Oxford about half of all second years live out (in privately rented accomodation). This is due to the fact that there is a hell of a lot of decently-priced student accomodation in Oxford, so it hasn't been such a pressing issue to build as much accomodation as in Cambridge. I'm going to be living out next year and I'm really looking forward to it, as it's going to be a) cheaper an b) me and my stuff won't be kicked out at the end of term.

ReputationRep:
    I chose Magdalen at Oxford.

-Excellent accommodation and for four years
    -History and beauty
    -Facilities e.g. fridge, JCR shop etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHilL)
    I chose Magdalen at Oxford.

-Excellent accommodation
    you should see the first year building :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    do all colleges offer ensuite accomodation at Oxford/cambridge???
    Keble Oxford Does!! Most rooms in the college. If not the bathroom is only shared by two rooms. Or so ive been told.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    you should see the first year building :eek:
    Well, the palatial suites after that more than make up for it. Besides, it isnt all that bad. The rooms are spacious enough, and atleast you dont have to share the bathroom with 17 other people. And its alot better than some of the first year accommodation at other colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHilL)
    Well, the palatial suites after that more than make up for it. Besides, it isnt all that bad. The rooms are spacious enough, and atleast you dont have to share the bathroom with 17 other people. And its alot better than some of the first year accommodation at other colleges.
    True the accomodation does get nicer - there are about 20 obscenely palatial suites and loads of some smaller ensuites for people who get lucky on the third year ballot. The first year rooms are a good size, and, ummmmm, functional. Bathroom and kitchen shared between about 9.

Don't know much about other colleges' first year accomodation. I have a view of Queen's first year block from my window...I have no idea what it's like inside, but it is the oddest shaped building I have ever seen.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.