funding for mature students

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016
    • Thread Starter


    Are you undergraduate or doing Access / A levels?

    (Original post by pippy123)
    can anyone recommend any grants/loans to help with childcare costs? I am applying for the learners discretionary fund but my college won't pay out til December so I'm having to pay for 3 months nursery fee's, which atm i can't afford. Looks as though i'll be dropping out if i cannot find any help x
    I am guessing you are referring to an access course, have you spoken to the college about your situation?
    Our college paid the fund out in September and then again in January, but I am guessing it varies from college to college.

    Have you checked to see ypu are receiving all the benefits you can? Income Support if your child is under 4 and are a single parent. Child tax credits as well. If ypu are claiming all ready, might be worth speaking to your job centre about any funds that could help (I don't think there are any, but worth asking).

    There is very little support for Access courses unfortunately.

    This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i
    • Thread Starter

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 24, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.