The Student Room Group

Keep anon! Housemate next year dealing drugs.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Tell that bitch u want 75% ..... Or Ill kick his ass!!
Reply 61
."
(edited 11 years ago)
all in the game yo, all in the game
Reply 63
Original post by Marlo Stanfield
all in the game yo, all in the game

You just got lucky, Avon would have had you if Stringer hadn't grassed him up just in time, and the cops would have had you if there weren't budget cuts :unimpressed:
you just better hope Omar dont come by to jack his stash
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently found out that one of the people that we're living with next year is dealing drugs. It's a group of 8 of us including myself.

I have no problem with drugs being done inside the house, I have no problem at all with that having used them in the past myself. But, I don't want my house being used as a place for the person to sell drugs.

All of us agree and have told the person but they're calling us all wimps/insulting us. I don't think it's particularly unreasonable that we don't want the person dealing drugs if they live with us. It puts us at risk, especially as they're storing the drugs at our house and will be inviting randoms in so they can buy them.

He's refusing to listen to us and will do it anyway.

What should I do?

in student housing anything found with-in the house is not automatically blamed on everyone with -in it especially as long as he keeps it in his room
Original post by Aaron_xyz
I'm not being obtuse, it was genuine question of whether there is only one person doing the dealing or if there are more people.

And lol, leg to stand on? Its not a competition, even if I was being obtuse it doesn't take away from the fact that he isn't contributing anything to help with the OPs dilemma. I could make a further point that he's being even more unhelpful by not actually correcting how my grammar is wrong, just saying "lol your grammar is flawed", but I won't as this discussion is meaningless.

Well you began by correcting the OP's grammar (wrongly)*, so hush now.

OP, report him and be done with it. Or move out. It's that simple I think!

*I.E. "I know a person who is insecure. They are (or they're) unwilling to do anything about it". See how it works?
Reply 67
Original post by HistoryHistory
Well you began by correcting the OP's grammar (wrongly)*, so hush now.

OP, report him and be done with it. Or move out. It's that simple I think!

*I.E. "I know a person who is insecure. They are (or they're) unwilling to do anything about it". See how it works?

Someone already pointed it out, and maybe you should sort out your egoistic condescension before trying to patronisingly appear wise, "so hush now"? Grow up.

And read the first sentence of my post you quoted again.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi. We recently had a problem in our student house so the subject is close to my heart. Her are my thoughts and suggestions.

If you suspect a fellow student is using/dealing drugs from your flat or house, on or off campus you can approach the resident tutor or campus security or the police, anonymously if you want.

But if the Dealer is your friend, you can try to communicate with the them so they have the opportunity to stop before they are chucked out of uni.

Reasons not to tolerate dealing and overt drug use it in your flat/house:

Not feeling comfortable in your own home

If you don’t nip it in the bud it will get worse and be harder to stop bad things happening

If the smell of someone else’s weed carries on your clothes what will your employer/ tutor/ parents think of you?

Disturbances at all hours of the night from people you would probably not want to be in your flat or house. Petty theft from kitchens and communal areas.

Risk of break in to flat by persons wanting to obtain or steal drugs or money

Your own future is at risk; by not taking action you are an accessory to drug dealing which is a criminal offense (see below) and therefore you could be in trouble, have real hassles and risk your uni place by doing nothing before your flat is eventually busted. Don’t be fooled; money does not have to exchange hands for Dealer to be criminally drug dealing; just drugs to be supplied.

Section 8 Misuse of Drugs Act 1971

A person commits an offence if being the occupier or concerned in the management of any premises he knowingly permits or suffers activities, including the following, to take place on those premises:

Producing or attempting to produce a Controlled Drug

Supplying or attempting to supply a Controlled Drug

Offering to supply a Controlled Drug to another

Smoking cannabis or cannabis resin

Possible plan of action if a fellow student is dealing drugs from your flat or house and you do not have the confidence to talk on your own or you have been ignored:

All others in group to agree in principle that they do not want Dealer to deal from flat. The reason being that it makes you feel uncomfortable in your place, causes disturbance at night and also makes you an accessory which is a criminal offense.

Decide that you are going to unite to confront Dealer and back each other up.

All confront Dealer together to communicate that you know he is dealing and get him/her to agree to stop and not to allow unknown people to flat, especially at night and that he/she will not store drugs for distribution in the flat. See sample script below

If Dealer breaks his promise, be clear that one of you will inform the authorities and Dealer is likely to be kicked out of uni.

Each Flatmate to agree as a mark of respect to all other flatmates, that drug taking in the flat by any flatmate or invited guest is not to be allowed or tolerated.

Basic script for confronting your dealing friend:

“We need to have a serious talk. We are concerned about your drug activities.
Your action is against the uni regulations and against the law and you will be kicked out if you are discovered.
Your activity also implicates all the other individuals in this group as being complicit. So you are risking our future as well as your own.
You have also been inviting randomers into our flat. This is disturbing during the night and makes us feel uncomfortable in our own home.
Perhaps you have been unaware of our point of view until now; but now you know so we expect you to change out of respect for our right to live without this kind of hassle

We have discussed the issue and all agreed the following:
We don’t want you to organise deals, take money or stash drugs in the flat.
We don’t want you bringing round people here for drug related activity; whether it is for drug use, collecting money or grabbing drugs or just communicating about a future deal.

We don’t want any drug use by flatmates or their guests in the flat
Do you agree to this?

If you don’t agree or later break your promise then we will be forced to take further action to stop you.”

After you have confronted the Dealer, if they say words to the effect…

‘I’m not dealing’

Reply “We know you have because we have seen/heard you and you are just so obvious about it. “Dealing” means you are passing drugs around to others or organising that activity , with or without taking money, or by letting strangers in OUR flat for that purpose”

‘You’re such a prude

Reply We don’t really care about your judgments on us. Your actions really aren’t cool although you may think you are. It’s very selfish of you to disturb the peace in our flat, stink it up the place and risk us getting implicated in your activities. If you want to be a dope head and get kicked out of uni that’s your choice, just don’t include us.

That would make you a snitch or grass”

Reply “Calling someone a grass is a last desperate attempt by thugs, bullies and criminals try to put vulnerable people off reporting them. We don’t accept your comment as having any importance or relevance. You are the one in the wrong and we are generously giving you a chance, so its up to you now what happens. If you continue to disrespect our right to be comfortable in our home, then you have bought it down on yourself. You are responsible for your own fate.

I’ll do as I please”

Reply “Then you really don’t care about us or your future at Uni. So if you keep doing it here, we will also do as we please. So be prepared to accept the consequences or go live somewhere else.”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending