What?!?!?!?!?!?
Watch Simpsons
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Undry1)
Can television be used to control people's minds and change their outlook on life or positions on moral issues, or is it harmless??
ofcourse it is not 100% harmless
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
impresionable/gullible. like children ??
yeah, but i dont think the teletubbies has any hidden agendas. not malicious ones anyway
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah ive seen *flash of ***** fight club. good film
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Yes bono spaghetti really does grow on trees
I'm happy now.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
yeah ive seen *flash of ***** fight club. good film
nice... big... ****
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My dad is like really old ...63 next month...but anyway, he was affected by a REAL subliminal message.
There was this advert for Strand cigarettes and it said that "The Strand Man Can" and my dad went out and bought the cigarettes and smoked all of them within an hour....he's asthmatic as well.....bit silly really
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
yeah, but i dont think the teletubbies has any hidden agendas. not malicious ones anyway
No, but they have effects: we'll have to wait 'til the babies who watch it grow up a bit before we can start trying to see what effects.
Elle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah it definatley does. It's kind of worrying- my little cousin watches WWF all the time and the stuff the show on there isn't suitable for little kids!! yeah I know I sound like a parent but stuff like that is actually aimed at that age group. It's very worrying. I just hope Politicians don't start using TV to influence the public as much as they do in the US.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can television be used to control people's minds and change their outlook on life or positions on moral issues, or is it harmless??
only if you watch fox news
yusufu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
AKA the comedy channel.
lol
higherlearner
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i once watched a tv program called steptoe and son on british tv,and half way through an image appeared out of the corner of my eye of a face.this face was the same as the aliens you see in the media ( big black eyes) you probably know the ones i mean, except that it was reptilian.the image was holographic or 3D if you like, and was being projected live with the broadcast rather than being on the actual tape recording.this was the one and only time i have ever seen this and would like to hear from anyone else who may have seen somrthing similar. it kept me from sleeping for days.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (168)
24.78%
Better than expected (141)
20.8%
Worse than expected (369)
54.42%

Watched Threads