The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
I think I should have a 1 game comeback. Get a real old-school born again hard prop on the field. Mind you, under these new pansy professional rules I'd probably get sin binned or sent off!
Reply 481
hehe - what for ethereal?
Reply 482
For being an old style prop. Such gems as introducing the opposition fly half to 3 feet below the surface of the pitch at the first available opportunity
Reply 483
erm...I'm a flanker - trust me, if you run a bit faster, thats still legal :biggrin:

The best bit is when he tries to keep his foot up after a kick, and you spear him with your shoulder in his crotch - his foot gets down a lot quicker after that...
Reply 484
Since when was "first available opportunity" ever legal? I never mentioned him actually being in posession of the ball :p:
Reply 485
Ethereal
Since when was "first available opportunity" ever legal? I never mentioned him actually being in posession of the ball :p:

ah - I do that too - it helps if you have the kick off though - then you get your fly half to sail it right over his head and...BAM!
Reply 486
When I watch Rugby now I weep for the by-gone era of evil front rows. They just don't seem to exist!
Reply 487
Ethereal
When I watch Rugby now I weep for the by-gone era of evil front rows. They just don't seem to exist!

and fortunately so...Image what it would be like if Andrew Sheridan actually used his power for evil?

We have an AS equivalent on our team though, and he IS evil :eek:
Reply 488
a fire in the sky
and fortunately so...Image what it would be like if Andrew Sheridan actually used his power for evil?

We have an AS equivalent on our team though, and he IS evil :eek:

Bah!! Spoken like a true almost girly back!!!!! :p:
Reply 489
Ethereal
Bah!! Spoken like a true almost girly back!!!!! :p:

pfft - I nail props into the ground - but I dont like having to protect my scrum half from a prop who likes using his hands - usually gets me binned when I knee him in the face during a scrum....
Reply 490
a fire in the sky
pfft - I nail props into the ground - but I dont like having to protect my scrum half from a prop who likes using his hands - usually gets me binned when I knee him in the face during a scrum....

Still speaking like a back .... talks a good game, but pansy on the pitch :p:
Reply 491
Erm...You've never seen me play, so you cant substantiate that claim :wink: Unless your new definition of pansie is doormat, in which case I tend to get spat out the side of a ruck having been used as one of them a few times a game to say the least...
Reply 492
Flanker = pre-op girly back :p:

Deal with it, get fat and play a real position :p:
Reply 493
pfft - I'm a fat flanker!
Ethereal
Flanker = pre-op girly back :p:

Deal with it, get fat and play a real position :p:

You don't need to be fat to play a "prop"er position, weight helps but it's not everything.
Reply 495
Man With No Name
You don't need to be fat to play a "prop"er position, weight helps but it's not everything.

Bah!! Are you even a member of the Brotherhood of Front Rows (aka the Front Row Union) ? We use the word fat regardless of the technicalities of muscle or fat build up. :rolleyes:
Ethereal
Bah!! Are you even a member of the Brotherhood of Front Rows (aka the Front Row Union) ? We use the word fat regardless of the technicalities of muscle or fat build up. :rolleyes:

I am currently and normally a front rower (1, 2 mainly and 3) but can play back row aswell. And scrumhalf actually.
Reply 497
A front row than can play scrumhalf? You must be joking?!
Ethereal
A front row than can play scrumhalf? You must be joking?!

I guess it depends how old/into it you are. At Sixth Form, I was a Number 4 but occasionally played as a winger as well...
Reply 499
Pfft! everyone thinks they can play backrow, which from watching most who claim to be able to multi-role and do it, clearly cant.

Quick Reply

Latest