The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Je ne comprends pas tu, mais je sais tu as un B! Don't worry, you can still help :wink:

gahhh french :s-smilie: .... haha well i only need a C for english baccluarette (cant spell it :L )
Original post by techno836
gahhh french :s-smilie: .... haha well i only need a C for english baccluarette (cant spell it :L )

Baccalaureate... :biggrin: are you forced to do that too! I have to do the welsh baccalaureate...
Btw.. I think we should talk on our own thread...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Wawasan
Hehe thanks. I'm not sure if my year can resit individual modules though, so there's probably little room for error

found it :smile:

just used biology as an example but http://store.aqa.org.uk/sciencelab/AQA-BIOL-W-SP-14.PDF then click 5.9 and it says

"Candidates have to enter all the assessment units at
the end of the course, at the same time as they enter
for the subject award."
Reply 63
found it :smile:

just used biology as an example but http://store.aqa.org.uk/sciencelab/AQA-BIOL-W-SP-14.PDF then click 5.9 and it says

"Candidates have to enter all the assessment units at
the end of the course, at the same time as they enter
for the subject award."

Original post by Wawasan

s'okay :smile:
Original post by 3mm@
I've got to do:
English
English Lit
Maths (and further maths certificate)
Triple Science
Geography
History
Textiles
Business Studies
French

Total: 12 GCSEs (no RE-thank GOD)

RE is the most easiest GCSE. You need merely any revision for it and unis still consider it a GCSE
Original post by JamalAhmed
RE is the most easiest GCSE. You need merely any revision for it and unis still consider it a GCSE

How could you say most.easiest... It's easiest/most easy... :facepalm: but even then... It should be solely easiest...
Reply 67
Original post by Dalek1099
You have to work hard in Year 9,Year 10 and Year 11-I had to do 7 modular exams in Year 9 and technically 10 controlled assessments.

In year 9 I did nothing, and I missed like a quarter of the school year anyway. Year 10 I did some controlled assessments and some science modules. Imo it doesn't really compare to year 11+. Thinking back, the worst part of year 10 was the English coursework because I used to spend so many days solidly working on it outside of school.

I mean, yeah, focus on keeping up, but there's no need to panic too much in year 10. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't mess around, you may think its about 9/10 months until your first exams but they will sneak up on you fast, even more so in year 11
Original post by 3mm@
I've got to do:
English
English Lit
Maths (and further maths certificate)
Triple Science
Geography
History
Textiles
Business Studies
French

Total: 12 GCSEs (no RE-thank GOD)

Absolutely love history! But textiles not so much.. so much coursework :mad: good luck!
Original post by Maths0
I'm a current Year 9 going into Year 10 after the holidays, I have an important question about Science (b1, c1 and p1.) - OCR 21st Century,

Since our year has to do linear course exams, I was wondering about science. Currently, we've studied and covered C1, P1 and B1 and have an exam on these on January. My question is, since we learnt these before we were placed into the Linear Exam system, will be be forced to take C1, B1 and P1 again at the end of Year 11, even though we will have the exam in January in Year 10?

ermmm if you started in year 9 ..then really you have all of year 9 and 10 to Finish the course otherwise the year 9 results go ........

however if you have been learning and already fully entered for january then i dont think you will do the exams tbh you wont really be allowed ..the board clearly states all units have to be sat at the same time in the final june exam season of the two years .................. so i believe your school may just leave the exams and just move you on to learning B2 C2 and P2

i could be wrong but that is most likely ..a school near mine got caught of with this and that is what they are doing :smile:
Original post by Maths0
Science is going to be hard then... DAMN LINEAR!

haha feel sorry for all of yous :L
haha feel sorry for all of yous :L

Don't we all :')
It'll follow them to a levels...
How could you say most.easiest... It's easiest/most easy... :facepalm: but even then... It should be solely easiest...

I seriously did not see that mistake Sheldon. LOL :biggrin:
Oh and guys... Enjoy the summer... While you can!
Oh and guys... Enjoy the summer... While you can!

Year 10 is hard and Year 11 is even tougher!
Original post by themancunian
Year 10 is hard and Year 11 is even tougher!

Meh... Year 12 is hard and year 13 is harder! :P
why are all of us Y11+ hijacking this thread ?? haha think we should leave the year 10's to find their way :smile:...however there doesn't seem to be many of them yet :/
why are all of us Y11+ hijacking this thread ?? haha think we should leave the year 10's to find their way :smile:...however there doesn't seem to be many of them yet :/

Yeah, lets go back to our thread :P we need to reach mark || by... The end of the holidays!!
X

Maths? Maths? Are you a Maths genius? Can you diffuse your entire brain to me? We just started school, and I;ve already been called thrice by the Maths teacher to talk about, "Orgainsing working method," and "Carrying forward answers," and, "Implementing your past knowledge." I DO NOT GET IT.

And I have two friends in Year 11 who hover between 96% and 100% in Maths :|

Latest