Distance Learning A Levels

Watch
Ranibizumab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm thinking of a career change... doing another degree (eek)

I have spoken to universities and some have recommended that I retake my A levels. As I need to save up for course fees I need to keep my job whilst doing this.

Has anyone had any experience of distance learning? Which college did you go with?

I was thinking of using Pembrokeshire college. Anyone heard anything about this college? Has anyone studied with them?
http://online.pembrokeshire.ac.uk/courses.html
danielles94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, was thinking of using Pembrokeshire college myself, I wish to study Biology and Chemistry. However I am a bit skeptical of distance learning after reading a lot of bad reviews regarding poor tutoring, no feedback on work, and just being a general scam. Also unsure of how I'd take my practical assessments for both subjects. I was wondering whether you went through with this? If so, how did you find it? Was it easy to learn online? How were the tutors and feedback? How did you sit exams/practical assessments? Sorry for all the questions! just want to be sure before I go through with this!
AI786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I don't know if distance learning is worth it, I signed up to one and paid £1200 for 3 ALEVELS, but it was just for 3 textbooks online tbh.
ecertifiedlearn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

It depends on the provider you use. You can complete your A levels using a fast track providers. You could learn from home if you prefer.
Raynedrops
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by danielles94)
Hi, was thinking of using Pembrokeshire college myself, I wish to study Biology and Chemistry. However I am a bit skeptical of distance learning after reading a lot of bad reviews regarding poor tutoring, no feedback on work, and just being a general scam. Also unsure of how I'd take my practical assessments for both subjects. I was wondering whether you went through with this? If so, how did you find it? Was it easy to learn online? How were the tutors and feedback? How did you sit exams/practical assessments? Sorry for all the questions! just want to be sure before I go through with this!
I'm currently studying Bio and Chem with Pembrokeshire. It depends on how quick you learn but I it hasn't been much help to me. You basically need to make sure you get the right books (fairly cheap online) and search online for practice quiz, video explanations, past exam papers, etc.
You also need to take into account how much exams are going to cost, and if you need to pay for practical exams (if you're doing science A levels in the UK).
If you have any questions just PM me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads