The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Anyone moving to Taylor Court in Sept 2012? :)

Hello people :smile:
I'm moving into Brough House at Taylor Court in september and would love to get to know some neighbours before moving :smile:
Looking forward to hearing for you's xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! :smile:

I'm in Driffield House, in Taylor Court :biggrin: Looks like we're neighbours xx
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I'll be moving into Brough House this september, room G4 :smile:
Reply 3
yey i have neighbours! :smile: what courses are yous doing?
and im moving into BROUG025A but have no idea what that stands for lol
Reply 4
Haha, I think, though I'm unsure myself, that brough is obviously the house name, and 25 will be the number of your room, so you will probably be on the third floor or something :smile:
I'm on ground

And I'm starting a course in 'computer systems engineering with industrial placement'
You? :smile:

Also have you got anything to take when you move in, I want to get some things but I don't know where to start xD
Reply 5
Thanks at least I know roughly where I'm living now haha.
I've only got basic stuff like bedding and towels. Not sure what else I need to take lol.

btw your course sounds VERY technical, rather you than me. I'm doing Adult Nursing.

Do you know if our block still has cleaners lol?
Reply 6
Yeah same, apparently an information packs sent out mid august, but seems a little late to me :P and ha, I imagine nursing is just as difficult

The guide says service under review, so hopefully, at £5000 a year you would like to think so :P
Reply 7
Wow that is a bit late lol. Hoped I'd be all ready to go by then ha.
Well I hope we do have cleaners, can't say i'm the tidiest person in th world :P

Where are you moving from then? If you dont mind me asking lol
Reply 8
Me too xD

I really need to learn how to use a washing machine, apart from that I'm set (i hope)
And I'm from north bransholme, hull if you know where that is xD yourself?
Reply 9
Same lol, I'd b a terrible housewife. I hope the washer and cooker comes with instuctions xD

And I live in a town called Peterlee, suppose its near Newcastle really. So a bit a drive to Hull ha.
Hows Hull for nightlife?
Reply 10
Bit far away, you planning to live at hull for the full duration of the course? and I hope so, knowing me i'll end up breaking the thing :C

And to be honest, I wouldn't know, I'm not the person who really goes out too pubs, clubs etc. (yush i'm boring) XD
Reply 11
Yeah I think I'll be at Hull for the next 3 years, its time for a bit of a change I think lol.

And dont worry everyone's a bit boring ha. We all can't always be exciting :smile:
So are you not taking part in Fresher's then?
Reply 12
That must be scary, then again I think everyones scared/nervous, part of growing up I guess.. becoming all mature xD

And I think once I get settled ill give it a shot, be nice to meet new people, only one other person I know is going to uni this year

And hull uni is ment to have the number one student nightclub (asylum I think its called) and apparently its really cheap :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Yeah it's pretty scary, especially because I don't know anyone who's at the uni. lol

Well I think that nightclub might see quite a lot of me then ha.

Do you know if we find out who we're living with before we go?
Reply 14
Lol

And I don't think so, me, you and 22 others, not really fussed aslong as there nice people and can trust them, probably going to keep most things in my room anyways though to be safe
Reply 15
Oh same here lol. Especially living with about 7 other people, think my door will be locked at all times.

Well if there all as canny as you we should be fine :smile:
Reply 16
Are you being sarcastic :P haha

Would of thought some others would have posted by now to be honest :l
Reply 17
I'm in Taylor Court :smile: But in Beverley house.. Studying Sports Rehab :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
speak of the devil xD
Reply 19
haha, well it looks like were starting to get more neighbours.

and of course i wasnt being saracstic lol

Quick Reply

Latest