Turn on thread page Beta

Homo, straight or bi: Is it as black, white and grey as people imply? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It seems that people always have a label: they're either gay, straight, or bisexual. However, is it really this simple? I believe that there is no such thing as being either completely gay or completely straight. In other words, then, everyone's a bisexual to some extent. Whether you're male or female, there's always going to be someone you're attracted to of the same sex somewhere in the world, and in fact of the opposite sex.

What does everyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Society makes us pigeonhole ourselves into nice comfortable categories. Its never that simple.
    Nice way of putting it...

ReputationRep:
    My mate tells me that bisexual is just another word for gay. Another mate says he thinks bisexuals are "sexually greedy". Pretty black and white to them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    It seems that people always have a label: they're either gay, straight, or bisexual. However, is it really this simple? I believe that there is no such thing as being either completely gay or completely straight. In other words, then, everyone's a bisexual to some extent. Whether you're male or female, there's always going to be someone you're attracted to of the same sex somewhere in the world, and in fact of the opposite sex.

ofcourse we should not be labelled. Some people are confused about their sexualities and because of the society, they get themselves believe that they are gay/bisexual etc

ReputationRep:
    "homosexuality" and "heterosexuality" are constructs of a desperately scared society that has not begun to attempt to properly understand sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Sexuality, like love, comes in man different flavours and non of them are pure. The genetic human responce is to find a suitable partner for reprouction or survival. However, then you have outside infulences and mental situations.
    Even inside the term straight, how many catagories are there? How bout men who like older women, or bigger women, or shorter women, or... Just look on the web and there are sites that cater to some very particular tastes, but these preferences are not recognised, although some are as or even more distastefull as homosexuality is to the majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)

I agree completely. To label yourself is only to close doors on yourself. Why should there only be three states?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    I agree completely. To label yourself is only to close doors on yourself. Why should there only be three states?
    It's kind of like in science where you learn there are three states of matter, but then as you learn more you realise there's not just three... there's other ones that you don't know...

You can't help who you fall in love with, and anyway what is love? You can think you're in love - but then realise that you're not, but were you really in love, because that's what it felt like, or is love eternal? I think that love is eternal, to love someone truely means you never stop loving them - or is it love only when both people continue to feel that way, in which case it's not love... sorry I'm going on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)

i agree in a sence. A guy can tell if another guy is good looking and not be gay.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.