The Student Room Group

Aqa comp 4 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Got 73/75 :smile: So happy it's over and done with

Congratulations to everyone! :biggrin:

How are you lot feeling in terms of the COMP3 exam?

Original post by A Wise Ninja
It's annoying hearing you all saying what marks your teachers gave you- the ones at our college are under strict instruction not to let us know :frown:

Your college is being a bit harsh :erm:. Maybe you could persuade your teacher ... although I'm guessing you would have already tried that :rolleyes:
You wouldn't believe how much we have persuaded them- teachers got really annoyed with us the amount of implied comments, etc we said.. Surely we are entitled to know what they have scored us though, or is there no argument on my side in this case?

EDIT: I suppose another factor is that we have a class of 4, and thus all of the samples are being sent to AQA for external moderation
Reply 202
Original post by A Wise Ninja
You wouldn't believe how much we have persuaded them- teachers got really annoyed with us the amount of implied comments, etc we said.. Surely we are entitled to know what they have scored us though, or is there no argument on my side in this case?

EDIT: I suppose another factor is that we have a class of 4, and thus all of the samples are being sent to AQA for external moderation

Maybe your school doesn't want to give you a mark which could then go down after moderation [as all your courseworks are being sent off].
However, we have a class of 7 which is still quite small and I think most (if not all) of ours are being sent for moderation as well.

Technically they don't have to give you the marks currently BUT there is no point whatsoever in them withholding your marks either :confused:
My class has 19 people in it, and we're all being externally moderated. we did get our marks though.
I got 57/75, pretty happy, 2 marks off an A though i believe D:
Original post by alphadawg
My class has 19 people in it, and we're all being externally moderated. we did get our marks though.
I got 57/75, pretty happy, 2 marks off an A though i believe D:

Not that there is any correlation, but purely out of interest, how many pages was yours?
Hi guys, just wondering... if you're going to use a database for your project, which 'platform' would you use? A MySQL database? An SQL database? An Access database? Or what...? Do you have to be able to access this database from any computer?
Reply 206
Original post by TheMan100
Hi guys, just wondering... if you're going to use a database for your project, which 'platform' would you use? A MySQL database? An SQL database? An Access database? Or what...? Do you have to be able to access this database from any computer?

Its up to you, though SQL databases seem to be most popular
Original post by scillage
I'm doing a virtual learning environment, kinda like moodle. Basically you can log in as a student to view your timetable and homework that teacher users can set you, and upload completed homeworks (files) to an ftp server that the teachers can then view when they log in. Teachers can also assign students to their classes, and write lesson plans and assign them to a certain lesson.

So overall, user validation, file transfer protocols, databases, i'm hoping it'll be good enough for an A* :smile:

Hey sorry I know this post was posted a year ago, but I was wondering did you receive the A* you wanted for this project? We have to give in our idea proposals tomorrow and I was thinking of doing a similar project idea also but in VB.net, any tips? =]
I am creating a website for my project. Similar to https://myhomeworkapp.com/ , I am making it in webpage form .
I was wondering if anyone could give me tips as to how to make it and languages/skills I will need to learn. Any help would be well appreciated :smile:
Original post by arjunlotay
I am creating a website for my project. Similar to https://myhomeworkapp.com/ , I am making it in webpage form .
I was wondering if anyone could give me tips as to how to make it and languages/skills I will need to learn. Any help would be well appreciated :smile:

Hey, you will need HTML and CSS for starters, javaScript/jQuery to add interactive elements and if you need a database, I reccomend MySQL and PHP.
Original post by WhoStoleMyName
Hey, you will need HTML and CSS for starters, javaScript/jQuery to add interactive elements and if you need a database, I reccomend MySQL and PHP.

Thank you very much!
Original post by scillage
I'm doing a virtual learning environment, kinda like moodle. Basically you can log in as a student to view your timetable and homework that teacher users can set you, and upload completed homeworks (files) to an ftp server that the teachers can then view when they log in. Teachers can also assign students to their classes, and write lesson plans and assign them to a certain lesson.

So overall, user validation, file transfer protocols, databases, i'm hoping it'll be good enough for an A* :smile:

Hey , I'm using your idea and adapting it to me. However Im unsure where to start and frankly just need somebody to help me with the coding and the actual analysis part. Did you get your a*? Please PM me i need your help.

Thanks mate
Original post by Damask-
I have so many diagrams it's hilarious, they really bulk it out. :wink: And that sounds very similar to how I've been procrastinating too, 'tomorrow' has yet to arrive in the case of most of the things I need to do...

ddddamaskkk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending