Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Watching Forrest Gump usually does the trick (don't snigger), I've got a thing for his unconditional love for Jenny.
    Same here...I mean the unconditional love thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Oh would they? What guy would even think about how they are perceived at a time like that?
    some guys i no are actually like that...they dont want 2 be seen as weak in any situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    yeh but when guys try n act all manly and stuff at family deaths its not big
    Some try to act strong for their mum...I had to do that when my Grandad died

ReputationRep:
    Watching Forrest Gump usually does the trick (don't snigger), I've got a thing for his unconditional love for Jenny.
    yeh sometimes things on t.v. - films, dramas etc have nearly set me off. Like that last episode of cold feet, sad. But then you think its not real and pour yourself a drink, nice.

ReputationRep:
    some guys i no are actually like that...they dont want 2 be seen as weak in any situation
    That I hate. Why would they care about looking weak, pigs I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    god it was when i was in bed a few weeks back, i was listening to some music and i just felt this burst of emotion and started crying. not particularly the music but i was thinking about bad things. very very wierd.

film wise the bit in lord of the rings , the two towers when theoden says no one should bury theirm own child. that always nearly gets me, makes me choke a bit

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised when he didn't cry actually, not even at the funeral. He didn't get on very well with her though and she completely ballsed up the will and we're still trying to sort it all out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    I have seen so many men cry, there is something about me that just makes guys cry, its kinda upsetting :mad:
    It depends what us guys cry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    That I hate. Why would they care about looking weak, pigs I reckon.
    exactly...thats just wat i wanted 2 put across...
    but i just wanted 2 say that there aint no point in putting up a front in situations like that to stop urself looking weak coz anyone who will see u upset or whatever will probably not be someone who hasnt seen u weak b4...
    make sense????

ReputationRep:
    It is quite heart warming isn't it. Some other films do that do me too

ReputationRep:
    Blokes who are actually insecure and have a need to feel 'tough'.
    alpha male stuff

ReputationRep:
    but i just wanted 2 say that there aint no point in putting up a front in situations like that to stop urself looking weak coz anyone who will see u upset or whatever will probably not be someone who hasnt seen u weak b4...
    make sense????
    But some have to be tough for those around them...not for their reputation. Has anyone ever seen the episode of only fools and horses where grandad dies and del boy has to put on a front...my point exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    As the name suggests the question is:

When was the last time you cried, and for what reason?
    I cried on Friday night for no other reason than the fact that I felt really crap and couldn't believe I had the rest of my life to get through. Then I had a good sing at choir and was cheered up.

Before that, I cried for hours and hours a few weeks ago when the wife of the guy I've been completely in love with for many years (long before he was married) had a baby. So. I guess I'm just a very sad person

ReputationRep:
    Blokes who are actually insecure and have a need to feel 'tough'.
    yeh i no ... seen it with guys at school n stuff

ReputationRep:
    make sense????
    I'm not sure what you're saying :confused: but I get the drift that you're not defending these people...

ReputationRep:
    I cry all the time last time was probably yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    But some have to be tough for those around them...not for their reputation. Has anyone ever seen the episode of only fools and horses where grandad dies and del boy has to put on a front...my point exactly
    i totally get u...and i respect people who manage to be tough 4 the people around them coz i no i cudnt!
    i respect u 4 doing that 4 ur mum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Same here, it really helps I think, always makes me feel better

ReputationRep:
    I hope as a result of me starting this thread that no1 has actually cried! if so, then i aplogise. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Why Rush? You surely can't have all that pain in your life?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.