This discussion is closed.
username1170
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Watching Forrest Gump usually does the trick (don't s******), I've got a thing for his unconditional love for Jenny.
Same here...I mean the unconditional love thing...
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Oh would they? What guy would even think about how they are perceived at a time like that?
some guys i no are actually like that...they dont want 2 be seen as weak in any situation
username1170
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
yeh but when guys try n act all manly and stuff at family deaths its not big
Some try to act strong for their mum...I had to do that when my Grandad died
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Watching Forrest Gump usually does the trick (don't s******), I've got a thing for his unconditional love for Jenny.
yeh sometimes things on t.v. - films, dramas etc have nearly set me off. Like that last episode of cold feet, sad. But then you think its not real and pour yourself a drink, nice.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
some guys i no are actually like that...they dont want 2 be seen as weak in any situation
That I hate. Why would they care about looking weak, pigs I reckon.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
god it was when i was in bed a few weeks back, i was listening to some music and i just felt this burst of emotion and started crying. not particularly the music but i was thinking about bad things. very very wierd.

film wise the bit in lord of the rings , the two towers when theoden says no one should bury theirm own child. that always nearly gets me, makes me choke a bit
blissy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I was surprised when he didn't cry actually, not even at the funeral. He didn't get on very well with her though and she completely ballsed up the will and we're still trying to sort it all out.
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by onlylittleme)
I have seen so many men cry, there is something about me that just makes guys cry, its kinda upsetting :mad:
It depends what us guys cry about.
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
That I hate. Why would they care about looking weak, pigs I reckon.
exactly...thats just wat i wanted 2 put across...
but i just wanted 2 say that there aint no point in putting up a front in situations like that to stop urself looking weak coz anyone who will see u upset or whatever will probably not be someone who hasnt seen u weak b4...
make sense????
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It is quite heart warming isn't it. Some other films do that do me too
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Blokes who are actually insecure and have a need to feel 'tough'.
alpha male stuff
username1170
Report 17 years ago
but i just wanted 2 say that there aint no point in putting up a front in situations like that to stop urself looking weak coz anyone who will see u upset or whatever will probably not be someone who hasnt seen u weak b4...
make sense????
But some have to be tough for those around them...not for their reputation. Has anyone ever seen the episode of only fools and horses where grandad dies and del boy has to put on a front...my point exactly
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Woodsy)
As the name suggests the question is:

When was the last time you cried, and for what reason?
I cried on Friday night for no other reason than the fact that I felt really crap and couldn't believe I had the rest of my life to get through. Then I had a good sing at choir and was cheered up.

Before that, I cried for hours and hours a few weeks ago when the wife of the guy I've been completely in love with for many years (long before he was married) had a baby. So. I guess I'm just a very sad person
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Blokes who are actually insecure and have a need to feel 'tough'.
yeh i no ... seen it with guys at school n stuff
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
make sense????
I'm not sure what you're saying :confused: but I get the drift that you're not defending these people...
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I cry all the time last time was probably yesterday.
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Shaft)
But some have to be tough for those around them...not for their reputation. Has anyone ever seen the episode of only fools and horses where grandad dies and del boy has to put on a front...my point exactly
i totally get u...and i respect people who manage to be tough 4 the people around them coz i no i cudnt!
i respect u 4 doing that 4 ur mum!
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Same here, it really helps I think, always makes me feel better
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I hope as a result of me starting this thread that no1 has actually cried! if so, then i aplogise. lol.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Why Rush? You surely can't have all that pain in your life?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.16%
No (77)
24.84%

Watched Threads