The Student Room Group

Advice for preparing for RBS telephone interview?

Hi there, I have a telephone interview for the RBS for a customer service officer position, was wondering if anyone has any advice or any experience, eg what questions were asked etc?

Thank you!
I used to work as a customer service officer for RBS but in a Natwest branch.

Mainly the questions are regarding customer service and team work.

When have you received excellent service and why was it excellent?
What do you think makes good customer service?
How would you deal with an irate/angry customer?
Give an example of when you worked well in a team.
And other questions along those lines. If I remember correctly there was a basic maths test as well.

On getting though the telephone interview you will have a face to face interview where you will do a couple of role plays. I had one where I had to answer a customers queries about transactions on their bank statement and one where I had to sell a customer a product.

My interviews were about a year and a half ago now but I'd imagine they will still be along those lines. RBS are big on good customer service, their customer charter and sales through service.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by Yrosie
Hi there, I have a telephone interview for the RBS for a customer service officer position, was wondering if anyone has any advice or any experience, eg what questions were asked etc?

Thank you!

Hello! Just wondering how your telephone interview went and what happened?
I have a telephone interview and i'm very nervous to ring up!:tongue: Any advice would be great!
Reply 3
I also have a telephone interview to ring up for!!! It os extremely nerve racking, and tips or advise? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!x
Reply 4
I've just had a phone interview for a customer service adviser role at natwest and didn't get it. I know its the competency questions that i fail on, I've had them before and always flop on them. I'm not sure how to improve on them because I don't know what a good answer sounds like. They asked me to tell me about a time I have sold something to someone. I work in catering so my examples can only be upgrading someones breakfast to a bigger one. Can someone help, so next time I pass please?
Was you successful in this application? I have recently had an interview with them and not heard back. Just wondering if they contact those unsuccessful?
Original post by sarahlousie
I used to work as a customer service officer for RBS but in a Natwest branch.

Mainly the questions are regarding customer service and team work.

When have you received excellent service and why was it excellent?
What do you think makes good customer service?
How would you deal with an irate/angry customer?
Give an example of when you worked well in a team.
And other questions along those lines. If I remember correctly there was a basic maths test as well.

On getting though the telephone interview you will have a face to face interview where you will do a couple of role plays. I had one where I had to answer a customers queries about transactions on their bank statement and one where I had to sell a customer a product.

My interviews were about a year and a half ago now but I'd imagine they will still be along those lines. RBS are big on good customer service, their customer charter and sales through service.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hi there,
do natwest let candidates know if they were unsuccessful?
Currently waiting to hear back and getting anxious now!
Reply 7
hi

any help with the maths test for RBS

thanks

XO XO XO
HI
I have recently had a face to face interview with a branch manager. I have not heard back. But when i finished work I had a missed call from one of the recruitment people asking me to call back. But now their not open till tuesday because its bank holiday. Did they ever get back to you. If so was you successful and how did they communicate with you please.
Reply 9
anyone who recently had a telephone interview?? what questions do they normally ask??
I've got an telephone interview in a couple of days. What questions do they ask???
Reply 11
You could tell them of a situation when a customer did not know what to choose from the menu. You could say the hotel you work in had introduced a new meal combination which the client had not had before. The go on and tell the interviewer how the client liked it and came with more friends a few days later. Just being creative in my opinion. Lovely day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending