Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is going to win 100m, Blake, Bolt or someone ese? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who will win 100m in London?
    Bolt
    73.91%
    Blake
    18.84%
    Someone else
    7.25%

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Blake is actually a better sprinter than Bolt, or was Bolt just carrying an injury in the Jamaican Olympic trials?

ReputationRep:
    Bolt. I believe in my man. Going to place a £1000 pound single on him to win.

I'm glad Blake has been winning the recent stuff, means odds for bolt will shorten closer to evens!

ReputationRep:
    I think Blots record speaks for itself and that he'll win unless he somehow flops

ReputationRep:
    are they still doing that rule where the first person to false start gets eliminated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollandGarros)

I'm glad Blake has been winning the recent stuff, means odds for bolt will shorten closer to evens!
    getting there ish

http://olympics.betting-directory.com/100-metres.php

ReputationRep:
    My money's on Blake and i'm almost certain he'll win either the 1 or the 2. he ran 19.26 in the 200m last year after a terrrible start. Bolt parties too much, he'll regret it after london.

ReputationRep:
    He used to be 2/5 or even worse lol.

ReputationRep:
    After watching the BBC's documentary on him, I discovered a new found respect for Bolt & Blake. They're both incredible athletes.

If everyone performs to their utmost - Bolt will win hands down. If he slips up in the slightest, Blake and Gatlin have a chance to win.

The other athletes need Bolt to under perform - it's the only way they can win

ReputationRep:

please don't do this

If you do, record a video of you watching the race and let us laugh

ReputationRep:
    Even though bolt has had an awful (for his standards) season it is extremely likely that he'll bounce back and win the 100meter however I believe that Blake may beat him in the 200 meters.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    He used to be 2/5 or even worse lol.
    Probably safer ways to less than double your money though.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't looked into that much detail about athletes, but I don't think that Bolt will win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovePeaceAwesome)
    I haven't looked into that much detail about athletes, but I don't think that Bolt will win.
    You wanna bet? Please say yes.

ReputationRep:
    Blake will win

ReputationRep:
    If Bolt performs anywhere near his best then he will win, it's as simple as that.

It's completely out of the other competitor's hands; if Bolt turns up and performs then will win.

ReputationRep:
    It's Bolt's to lose. If he performs to the best of his abilities the rest will eat his dirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR09)
    If Bolt performs anywhere near his best then he will win, it's as simple as that.

It's completely out of the other competitor's hands; if Bolt turns up and performs then will win.
    Well that's the thing about sprinting. The best one will always win if they perform and there's nothing his opponents can do about it. Unlike most sports where you can adjust tactics to nullify different opponents. Makes sprinting a boring sport to follow really.

ReputationRep:
    Bolt, easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Well that's the thing about sprinting. The best one will always win if they perform and there's nothing his opponents can do about it. Unlike most sports where you can adjust tactics to nullify different opponents. Makes sprinting a boring sport to follow really.
    I think the difference here is that Bolt doesn't even need to perform his very best to win, he just needs to perform somewhere close to it. His margin for error is much lager than it has been for sprinters in the past (excluding a false start obviously).

EDIT: in fact he doesn't even need to perform close to best, he just needs to perform well. Unless he performs badly (for himself) it is a forgone conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    I think Blake deserves it more than Bolt

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.