The Student Room Group

Failed my mock test 4 days before my real test :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stevo F
isn't that for cyclists? - The back line is used for cars and the front one for cyclists so they can get some speed and they don't feel like theyre holding up all the traffic. That's 1 instance where you have two stop lines anyway :smile:

I highly doubt it in my town, we're not cyclist friendly in any way, shape or form.

I have come to the conclusion after now driving the junction by myself that because it's a weird junction where one road of traffic approaching the junction doesn't have traffic lights (unknown to me at the time) that the first line is for the lights and the second line is so you can check its actually safe to go once you get the green light. I THINK :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Original post by Runninground
I did a mock test in a different area to where I live and I practically failed (Even though my instructor didn't say I failed, he just said some examiners would fail me :frown: )

The main two things I could have failed on were:

1. Unfamiliar Junction. I was approaching the junction and traffic was also coming towards me (this threw me a bit cause I then panicked because I didn't know if I was in the right lane) so I started to turn and my instructor said no no this one (there was two lanes coming onto the junction, and one small lane to go off which is where I should have gone) To be honest, I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I managed to get off the junction in one piece.

2. Meeting. I pulled out of a space and there was another car which stopped (the cars were on my side of the road). I couldn't see past the car in front, so I passed (The road was also slopped, so it was difficult to see) and as I passed another car appeared and had to wait for me. My instructor said I should have used 'peep and creep' to see if there was another car coming, although I feel if I did this i'd be too far out on the road for any other cars to get past, and I only saw the car after I had passed the first parked car.

It's pretty annoying, considering my test is so close. Hopefully these errors were only because it was an unfamiliar area :/

Has anyone else failed their mock but passed their actual test?

In the morning of my test, my test was in the afternoon, I did a major at a roundabout, where I would be likely going through during my test.
I passed later on that test :smile:

so don't worry about it...just learn from it :smile:
Original post by l.west191
Don't run any red lights and I'm sure you've got it covered :smile:

Let us know when you pass though :biggrin:

Yep, passed today. So happy! That mock test did make me panic a bit. I think it was mainly because it was in a different area. :colondollar:
Reply 23
Original post by Runninground
Yep, passed today. So happy! That mock test did make me panic a bit. I think it was mainly because it was in a different area. :colondollar:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! See, I told you :biggrin:
I failed my practice test about 15 minutes before passing with 3 minors... :biggrin:

Quick Reply