SugarPlum91
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
leanne124
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is quite tough to get into nursing in northern ireland as we only have the two universitys queens and university of ulster and uu has now cut their places by 50. I got in on my first year of applying and I know a few other girls who got in after first application it all comes down to the interview if you get a good mark in your interview you will get a place just make sure you get healthcare experience as this helps when answering interview questions.

if you dont get it u get put on a reserve list and you could potentially be offered a place right up to just before enrolement as people choose other unis and some decide not to do the course and others dont get the grades they need so try and do your best in the interview.
pursuitofhappiness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm applying for Queens 2013 intake because I didnt get an offer this year after interview (so obviously i didnt do too great) And the fact Queens are going through UCAS this year is gonna make it even tougher Exerience is what they are looking for and now the Personal Statement will have to include all this is to get offered an interview. Very nervous already about this and any advice and help would be appreciated as last time round I didnt have a clue

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
leanne124
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
am not sure bout queens i had an interview for them also and didnt do to well. i think queens has changed there course to the degree programme now have been diploma for a while so thats prob why they are going through ucas now. jst write a really good personal statement and if you have no experience i would try getting a job or volunteering to get some experience
Alana_19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone, this is my 3rd year trying to get into queens. i really want in this year.. has anyone started there personal statement?
Orlzy8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey guys, im applying for adult nursing in both queens and and ulster just wondering can ye give any advice..i aslo applyed for the msc in adult nursing for the uni of hertfordshire as I already have a degree but i got an email today saying my applcation was unsuccessful didnt even get called for interview so kinda starting to panic now:O
Alana_19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Orlzy8)
hey guys, im applying for adult nursing in both queens and and ulster just wondering can ye give any advice..i aslo applyed for the msc in adult nursing for the uni of hertfordshire as I already have a degree but i got an email today saying my applcation was unsuccessful didnt even get called for interview so kinda starting to panic now:O
Hey Im applying for queens and ulster too, the best thing to do is stay calm I have applied for uni of west Scotland as a back up.

The interviews at queens and Magee are both done by getting scored on your interview and if you get above a certain score your in

Don't hesitate to ask more questions I'd be glad to help
Orlzy8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey Alana

Ok that is good to here. I have applied for the university of west london & also sheffield hallam but they are the post grad diplomas in adult nursing for them two coz i have a degree, and i think i will apply for the msc in adult nursing in liverpool john moores when applications open in feb..have u heard anything about the post grad diplomas or msc's?i would love queens or ulster tho just for the normal degree
Sabbott90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi! I've also applied for Queens and Ulster (Magee), this is my second year applying.
Iv also applied for LJMU, Brighton and MMU. Sent my ucas on 11th (last minute).
Anyone interview dates?
Good luck to everyone hoping to get into nursing this year!
EmmaD123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone, I also applied to both Queens & Magee. I applied to Queens last year but didn't make it off reserve list :-( I'm not too sure how it's gonna work this year as this is my first time using Ucas, do you know if maybe we will get more than one interview? Also did anyone else apply to more than one branch at the same uni?
Orlzy8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sabbott90)
Hi! I've also applied for Queens and Ulster (Magee), this is my second year applying.
Iv also applied for LJMU, Brighton and MMU. Sent my ucas on 11th (last minute).
Anyone interview dates?
Good luck to everyone hoping to get into nursing this year!
Hey Sabbott90,

no interview dates so far, have sent for belfast, ulster adult nursing for the 3 year bsc and then to both sheffield hallam and UWL for the 2 yr post grad diploma in adult nursing, i didnt get any acknowledgment yet from ulster or sheffield saying they got my application:O i think ill apply to LJMU in feb wen msc applications open did you apply for the bsc there??
Sabbott90
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yea the bsc at LJMU. Would love to hear something soon :-) I dont really have a preference though. Where would be your first choice?
Orlzy8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
well i would like to get belfast ,but then would also like to finish in the two years in england, so maybe the 2 year msc adult nursing in ljmu would be my preference, i dont know really though i havent gone to see any of the colleges, it would probably be easier aswell for me to get home from england than belfast as im in the south...hopefully we will hear soon enough surely by the end of jan:O
Butternuts
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Orlzy8)
Hey Sabbott90,

no interview dates so far, have sent for belfast, ulster adult nursing for the 3 year bsc and then to both sheffield hallam and UWL for the 2 yr post grad diploma in adult nursing, i didnt get any acknowledgment yet from ulster or sheffield saying they got my application:O i think ill apply to LJMU in feb wen msc applications open did you apply for the bsc there??

I have applied for queens just, still haven't heard from them about an interview.. But I went to a talk held by one of the lecturers (and interviewer) she said first date she has for interview is 25th feb - so making me panic that u still haven't heard anything! Has anyone else heard anything yet?
Butternuts
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That i*
Orlzy8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Butternuts)
I have applied for queens just, still haven't heard from them about an interview.. But I went to a talk held by one of the lecturers (and interviewer) she said first date she has for interview is 25th feb - so making me panic that u still haven't heard anything! Has anyone else heard anything yet?

I still havent heard anything either not only from belfast but all of my 5 choices disaster haha...hope we hear soon enough, that is a bit worrying alright so they must have sent out invitations to some ppl:O
Butternuts
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well that's what's scaring me because I'm panicking that others will have heard ready but then do they post interviews out alphabetically? (I'm m) and there was 4000 people applied for queens alone this year ! So maybe take a whole for them to post letters out? I am checking the post like a crazy lady everyday and my ucas track in hope of something... But nothing yet! What branch did u apply for?
Orlzy8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i applyed for the adult branch,,o god that scary 4000 and how many places dd they say there were??thy might have a feb intake aswelll..i put down for both intakes on ucas duno was that the right or wong thing to do....im o alphabeltically so maye thats why alright
krista_123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey iv applied for nursing at magee and queens nursing and midwifery, i rang magee on friday and they said they will be sending out emails this week for interveiws and queens said it could be anytime between now and April because interveiws are from Feb to April.
Alana_19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fingers crossed we all get interviews this is my third year trying I really hope I can get a place!! Good luck everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads