The Student Room Group

Are you right/left handed & which side do you carry your handbag on? POLL

Poll

Which side?

I'm a little curious about this one :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Unique question. :tongue:

I'm left-handed and carry my handbag on the left.
Reply 2
I'm left handed and carry it on the left. I do a lot of things the right handed way though.
Right handed, carry on left - I thought this was normal to free up the dominant hand for tasks.

:getmecoat: but then I have been known to over-analyse things
Reply 4
I'm right handed and carry my bag on my left shoulder, or alternatively my right hand, depending on the size of the bag.

I've always done it, and it just doesn't feel right to carry it on my right shoulder/left hand...I know, I'm weird... :biggrin:
Reply 5
Right handed and carry my bag on my right shoulder. I've tried carrying my bag on my left shoulder but it doesn't feel right (no pun intended) to me.
Reply 6
I'm right handed and I carry my bag on my left arm. I like to keep my right arm free.
I'm right handed, and usually carry my bag on my right arm. Unless it's a clutch bag, which I'll alternate when the hand gets tired.
Reply 8
Left and I put my bag over my right

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Ambidextrous, wear on right shoulder. Unless it's one of those bags that you can't put over your shoulder, in which case my left arm.

If I need to write / do something, I'll just use the arm without a bag on.
Right handed and i carry my bag on my right shoulder
Left handed and bag on my right shoulder. It's just wrong on my left arm.

I'm the same with holding hands, I need to hold someones hand using my right hand, and leave my left hand to roam freely :tongue:
Right handed and normally carry it on right shoulder, although it doesn't make a difference to me comfortable either way. I also do quite a bit of stuff left handed though like playing pool

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Left handed - usually on the right arm
Reply 14
Right handed and carry handbag on left arm.
Reply 15
Original post by shorty.loves.angels
Right handed, carry on left - I thought this was normal to free up the dominant hand for tasks.

:getmecoat: but then I have been known to over-analyse things

Me too! On both things. I'm actually surprised that "right handed, carry on right" is winning the poll. Surely if you are right handed then you don't want your right hand dragged down and tied up supporting your bag when you will need it for stuff.. especially using your phone. I can't text with my left hand at all :s-smilie:

Also your sig made me sad. I know how you feel, my dog died 2 years ago and I still miss him and think about him every day :frown:
right handed, carry on left.

I literally CANNOT carry a bag on my right shoulder - it always slips off.
Reply 17
I'm right handed and I carry on the left. If it is a shoulder bag that goes over your body then it is on the right shoulder so that it rests of my left hand side so I can hold onto it. It means my right hand is free.
Reply 18
Right handed and carry on the right
I rarely use a proper handbag, but when I do it's usually on my right arm somewhere. I'm right handed. It would slip off my left shoulder, so sometimes I carry it using my left elbow (if you know what I mean?), but most of the time right shoulder or elbow. Doesn't stop me doing much, and I can still use my right hand perfectly well when it's on my right arm someplace.

I usually use an accross the body bag though- left shoulder so the bag is on my right. I prefer being able to dive into it quickly/easier, and it just feels wrong on my other side.

Quick Reply

Latest